- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
ZWO ASI174MM Monochrome Astronomy Camera w/1.25" Mini Electronic Filter Wheel & New 1.25" LRGB Filter Set - ASI174MM-KIT2
Get a FREE ZWO Key Chain with Purchase!
ZWO ASI174MM Monochrome Astronomy Camera Kit 2
The ASI174MM Monochrome CMOS Imaging Camera from ZWO is the rightful successor to the ASI120MM-S in terms of innovative features such as a high speed USB 3.0 port, ST4 guide port, standard 2" interface with M42x0.75 internal threads, rear 1/4" tripod thread mount, and AR window. But the ASI174 has one critical difference - the inclusion of Sony's IMX174 monochrome CMOS sensor. When it comes to high quality solar, lunar, planetary, and deep sky imaging, the Sony IMX174 sensor has a lot going for it:
About the ZWO ASI174MM Camera
Sony IMX174 CMOS Sensor Features
- 1/1.2” CMOS: The Sony IMX174 is a 13.4 mm (Type 1/1.2) CMOS imaging sensor with 2.35 MP with 5.86 µm pixel size in an array of 1936 x 1216.
- Pregius Global Shutter: The development of a new pixel with analog memory allows for all pixels to be scanned at once. This global shutter function on the Sony IMX174 sensor means images taken of moving objects will not suffer from focal plane distortion, resulting in high picture quality. This is a very beneficial feature, especially when you are performing lunar or solar imaging tasks. Bad seeing, wind, or movement can distort the image if the readout speed is not fast enough (<30fps).
- Exmor High Performance: The Exmor label, a Sony trademark, asserts that the CMOS image sensor is known to be a high-performance model, with high speed processing, low noise, and low power dissipation through column-parallel A/D conversion.
- High QE, Low Noise: High QE and low noise should be the goal as a general rule. The peak quantum efficiency (QE) for the ZWO ASI174 is 78%. The QE curve is slightly higher in B and G than the ASI120, while it is slightly lower in R and IR. And the read noise? It measures out at only 6e-!
- High Frame Rate: The Sony IMX174 functions at 128.2 frames per second at 12 bit ADC, and 164.5 frames per second at 10 bit ADC at full resolution.
- ROI Mode: With ROI (Region of Interest) mode, an even higher frame rate can be reached. This mode allows a maximum of 16 areas for capture inside the effective pixels area to be set.
- Everything you will need to control your ZWO camera is available and easily downloadable in one centralized location on the ZWO website. Click here for ZWO Software Downloads.
ASIair Pro Camera Control (sold separately)
There is a wireless camera control solution available for this camera, and it's called the ZWO ASIair Pro. This small wireless module allows you to focus, take images, make adjustments with your smartphone or tablet, and even do plate solving and computerized mount control with the built-in SkySafari bridge. If you'd like to add an ASIair Pro to your camera order, you can find it in the suggested accessories section.
ZWO ASI174 Monochrome CMOS Camera Specifications
- Sensor: 1/1.2” CMOS
- Resolution: 2.3 MP
- Pixel Array: 1936 x 1216
- Pixel Size: 5.86 µm
- Max Frame Rate at Full Resolution: 164 FPS
- Max Frame Rate at 640 x 480: 397 FPS
- Window: AR
- Guide Port: ST4
- Shutter: Global
- Exposure Range: 32 µs - 1000 s
- Read Noise Low Speed: 6e
- Read Noise High Speed: 15e
- Saturation Capacity: 32K
- Dynamic Range: 72dB
- Peak QE: 77%
- Gain: 8 e-/ADU low speed, 32 e-/ADU high speed
- Interface: USB 3.0/USB 2.0
- Bit Rate: 12bit output (12bit ADC)
- Adapter: 2” to 1.25”/M42 x 0.75
- Dimensions: 62 mm diameter x 41 mm
- Weight: 140 g (4.9 oz.)
- Working Temperature: -5ºC - 45ºC
- Working Relative Humidity: 20% - 80%
Please Note: This camera works with Windows 8.1 as long as you have the recommended driver installed (available on the ZWO website at zwoptical.com).
ZWO 1.25" Mini Electronic Filter Wheel
- At only 300 grams (10.6 ounces), the EFW Mini is the smallest and most lightweight 1.25" electronic filter wheel available. It even fits in your hand!
- CNC machined from aircraft grade aluminum, the EFW Mini body has a very thin design at only 20 mm.
- At the heart of the EFW Mini is the step motor, manufactured by NPM in Japan so you can be confident in its quality and reliability.
- Holds either five 1.25" filters or five 31 mm filters. Rotates both clockwise and counterclockwise for filter selection.
- Only one USB cable is needed to power the EFW Mini, as maximum power consumption is around 120ma @5V, so you can connect it to your cooled camera's USB 2.0 hub.
- When connected to the recommended ASI1600, the filter to sensor distance is approximately 10 mm.
ZWO New 1.25" LRGB Filter Set
These 1.25" ZWO LRGB filters are designed to approximately equalize the flux of the ASI1600 monochrome sensor for improved transmission, coating, and color separation.
- Fine-optically polished to ensure accurate 1/4 wavefront
- More than 92% transmission at passband
- Infrared wavelength 700 - 1100 nm cut-off
- Precision off-band blocking
- Multi-layered anti-reflection coating
- Small spectral “gap” to minimize the effect of light pollution
- More parfocal – thickness 1.9+/-0.03 mm