- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
ZWO ASI224MC Color Camera ASI224MC
Get a FREE ZWO Key Chain with Purchase!
ZWO ASI224MC Color CMOS Imaging Camera
This highly sensitive astro-camera from ZWO has been producing some great deep-sky images from the beta testers! Sony worked hard to create a sensor that had extremely low noise and high sensitivity, and the IMX224 has hit the mark. The ZWO ASI224MC will work great for imaging objects in and out of our Solar System!
The ZWO ASI224MC Color CMOS Imaging Camera follows in the footsteps of the ASI120 when it comes to cutting-edge functionality like a high speed USB 3.0 port, an ST4 guide port, a standard 2” interface with M42 x 0.75 internal threads, a 1/4” tripod thread mount on the back, and an AR window. However, the ZWO ASI224 camera has one important difference, and that is the inclusion of a Sony IMX224 Color CMOS sensor. This image sensor has a lot going for it when it comes to high quality solar, lunar, planetary, and deep sky imaging.
Sony IMX224 CMOS Sensor Features
- The Sony IMX224 sensor offers extremely low read noise (1.5e) and high sensitivity, especially in the IR range.
- The image array for the IMX224 is 1305 X 977, with a pixel size of 3.75 microns.
- This ZWO camera has a gain range of 0 - 60 dB.
- The sensitivity of the pixel Sony developed for this sensor is twice that of their existing product.
- Sensitivity has been improved in the near infrared light region.
- The IMX224 is a Sony Exmor high performance CMOS image sensor with high speed processing, low noise, and low power dissipation by using column-parallel A/D conversion.
- Everything you will need to control your ZWO camera is available and easily downloadable in one centralized location on the ZWO website. Click here for ZWO Software Downloads.
ASIair Pro Camera Control (sold separately)
There is a wireless camera control solution available for this camera, and it's called the ZWO ASIair Pro. This small wireless module allows you to focus, take images, make adjustments with your smartphone or tablet, and even do plate solving and computerized mount control with the built-in SkySafari bridge. If you'd like to add an ASIair Pro to your camera order, you can find it in the suggested accessories section.
ZWO ASI224 Color CMOS Camera Specifications
- Sensor: Sony 1/3” IMX224 Color CMOS
- Resolution: 1.27M
- Image Array: 1305 x 977
- Pixel Size: 3.75um
- Max Frame Rate at Full Resolution: 150 FPS
- Max Frame Rate at 640 x 480: 299.4 FPS
- Window: AR
- Guide Port: ST4
- Shutter: Rolling
- Exposure Range: 32us - 1000s
- Read Noise: 1.5e
- Gain Range: 0 - 60 db
- Interface: USB3.0/USB2.0
- Bit Rate: 12bit output (12 bit ADC)
- Adapter: 2” to 1.25”/M42 x 0.75
- Dimensions: 62 mm Diameter by 36 mm
- Weight: 120g
- Working Temperature: -5ºC - 45ºC
- Peak QE: 75%-80%
- Working Relative Humidity: 20% - 80%
Please Note: This camera works with Windows 8.1 as long as you have the recommended driver installed (available on the ZWO website at zwoptical.com).