- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Celestron 8" Astrograph Optical Tube - 91073
Celestron 8" RASA Astrograph Optical Tube
- The flat field over the entire APS-C sensor is void of optical distortions such as field curvature, coma, astigmatism, and chromatic aberration.
- Incorporates a new Ultra-Stable Focus System with six precision sealed ball bearings to essentially eliminate image shift.
- A built-in air cooling system with 12V DC MagLev fan minimizes the time needed for cooling down while providing ideal air flow and cleaning out dust.
- A Light Pollution Imaging Filter can be seamlessly made suitable for the optical path via an internal filter mount.
- Compared to most telescopes, the Celestron 8" RASA is able to cover a wider spectral range, 390 nm to 800 nm, for a higher percentage of sharply focused incoming light.
With this new portable Celestron astrograph, the 8" RASA (Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph), you'll be able to capture breathtaking wide field views of deep sky objects in a matter of seconds. The 8" RASA's awesomely fast f/2.0 optical system works perfectly in conjuction with modern color astronomical CMOS, smaller CCD, and mirrorless cameras. This combination of a fast focal ratio and patented optical design generates sharp images with superb detail, and, in many instances, allows you to completely skip the autoguider. Plus, as it weighs only 17 pounds, transporting your 8" RASA to distant dark sky locations is easy.
RASA Performance Made For Everyone The Celestron 8" RASA is an imaging telescope that delivers a flat field without optical aberrations for razor sharp stars across a wide field of view. It is capable of capturing stunning deep sky astronomical images without the challenges typically presented by longer focal length instruments at a fraction of the cost of those systems. This 8" model is the most recent addition to the RASA lineup. It offers greater portability and is much more affordable when compared to the popular 11" RASA which was highly acclaimed when it was introduced in 2014. With the addition of the economical 8" RASA, more astrophotographers will be able to take advantage of the Rowe-Ackermann design. This 8" and 11" RASAs share many of the same attentively designed features such as a built-in air-cooling system, internal filter mount, and durable CGE dovetail mounting bar. Designed purely for imaging, the Celestron 8" RASA will not work as a visual instrument. Since the prime focus focal plane is located at the front of the optical system, it cannot accommodate a traditional eyepiece.
Shorter Exposure Times and Virtual "Real-Time" Observing Due to its extremely fast f/2.0 optical system, imagers can use minimal exposure times with the 8" RASA to capture enhanced detail in dim targets. When employed in conjunction with sensitive cameras and the appropriate "live stacking" software, the 8" RASA is capable of delivering a virtual real-time observing experience. Instantly view images on a computer with more brightness and detail than can be viewed with the naked eye using much larger telescopes.
Ultra-Stable Focus System With the launch of the 8” RASA, Celestron is unveiling a new focuser design that mitigates lateral movement of the primary mirror when focusing, slewing, or tracking with the astrograph. Focusing is easier, more accurate, and more stable than ever. The key to the Ultra-Stable Focus System is two sets of precision bearings that are precisely aligned and tested during assembly to ensure optimal results.
Built for Today's Latest Cameras Contrary to larger Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrographs that are compatible with DSLR and large CCD cameras, the 8" version was designed with regards to color astronomical CMOS cameras, smaller CCD cameras, and mirrorless cameras. This telescope is not suitable for use with standard DSLR cameras. Optimized for up to 22 mm diagonal sensors, the 8" RASA also offers sufficient performance with sensors up to 32 mm diagonal. Many mirrorless cameras use APS-C sized sensors that would be an excellent option. 42 mm full frame sensors are also compatible, but performance will suffer at the edges of the sensor while field illumination is decreased. Furthermore, Celestron does not recommend pairing the 8" RASA with any 4" diameter or larger camera body.