- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Celestron Advanced Series VX Equatorial Mount - 91519 - Used - SOLD
- This Celestron Advanced Series VX Equatorial Mount is Used and in Excellent Condition. Upon inspection, we found that the imager is fully functional.
- Image shows new product.
- Comes with High Point 90-Day Warranty
Celestron Advanced Series VX Equatorial Mount
The Celestron Advanced VX mount is an ideal tool for those wishing to participate in astrophotography! The German equatorial mount is small enough to be portable, but still supports payloads of up to 30 lb.! This is the ideal combination to support your DSLR or astronomical camera when capturing those long exposure, deep sky images. All you have to do is add any optical tube with a Celestron narrow (CG-5) or CGE dovetail bar and an array of imaging accessories, and you will be all set to create fantastic celestial images!
Please Note: The AVX dual saddle is compatible with Celestron’s narrow (CG-5) dovetails, third party Vixen (V-Style) dovetails, and Celestron's larger CGE style dovetails. It is not compatible with Losmandy (D-Style) dovetails.
The technical features offered by Celestron's Advanced VX mount are great for astrophotography! And this is only a fraction of the cost when compared to other observatory-grade mounts!
The AVX mount has permanently programmable periodic error correction (PPEC), integer gear ratios, built-in adjustable backlash compensation, and autoguider support. You can also image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip!
Dual Saddle Plate! This version of the Celestron AVX Mount comes with a dual saddle plate that accommodates both Celestron CG-5 (Narrow) and CGE dovetail bars. Switching between the two saddle plates is as simple as moving the hand knobs into a separate set of holes. Now you can use an Advanced VX mount with virtually any optical tube within its weight limit.
Tracking Capabilities Abound!
This Advanced VX mount, with the computerized GoTo capabilities, can locate and track any of the 40,000+ objects in the NexStar+ hand control's database. All you have to do is perform a simple alignment procedure like Celestron's Sky Align. You can also use Celestron's built-in All-Star Polar Alignment to orient the telescope with the north celestial pole. What could be better than having the telescope mount make all of those small adjustments for you during long exposures? This innovative and incredible mount does most of the work for you! Astrophotography has never been so easy!
But the perks do not stop there! The Advanced VX also offers an improved latitude range. This means you can use it anywhere in the world from 7 to 77 degrees latitude!
Celestron’s engineers pulled no punches when designing the AVX mount. It started from the ground up based on user feedback. The industrial design gives a solid performance. It has improved motors with dual-axis encoders which offer more power to compensate for slight load imbalances. The sturdy 2” steel tripod legs give more rigidity with less flexure. You’ll find two AUX ports and a dedicated autoguider port to give you maximum flexibility with accessories.
Easy to Use!
You can be aligned and ready to image in less than 30 minutes! The Advanced VX mount comes with large, ergonomic handles that makes setting up a breeze. The heaviest component weighs only 18 lb.
Compatible with Innovative Celestron Accessories!
The Advanced VX mount gives you an imaging platform equipped with the ability to grow with you as the years go on. The AVX mount is compatible with a huge number of Celestron’s headline-making accessories. You can customize your mount to best suit your needs, no matter how they change with time.
Here are just a few accessories that pair perfectly with Advanced VX:
- Celestron StarSense AutoAlign
- SkyQ Link 2 WiFi Module
- SkySync GPS Accessory
Celestron Advanced Series VX Mount Features:
- The Advanced VX Mount has a 30 lb payload
- Equipped with Celestron's All Star Polar Alignment & Autoguider support
- Permanently Programmable Periodic Error Correction
- Enhanced motors and base castings
Celestron Advanced Series VX Mount Specifications:
- Payload: 30 lb
- Permanently Programmable Periodic Error Correction (PPEC)
- Tripod: 2" Stainless Steel w/ Adjustable Legs
- Dovetail Type: CG-5 or CGE
- Hand Controller: NexStar Plus w/ LCD Display
- Slew Speeds: Nine slew speeds, 4 deg/sec maximum
- Tracking Modes: EQ North, EQ South, Off
- Motor Type: Low-cog DC Servo Motors w/ Encoders on Both Axes
- Height adjustment range (includes mount and tripod): 1118 - 1626 mm (44 - 64")
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Alignment Procedures: 2-star, 1-star, Solar system, Quick-align, Last-align
- Software: Starry Night Special Edition
- Counterweight: One 12 lb Counterweight is included
- Tripod Weight: 18 lb
- Mount Head Weight: 17 lb
- Total Weight (Including Counterweight): 46 lb