- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Celestron Focus Motor for SCT and EdgeHD - 94155
Celestron has discontinued the Focus Motor for SCT and EdgeHD, and we are out of stock. Here is a link to the newer version of the Celestron Focus Motor for SCT and EdgeHD we carry at High Point. Hopefully, you can find a proper replacement in this selection. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to call us at 1-800-266-9590 or send an email, and we will be happy to help you. Thank you!
Celestron Focus Motor for SCT and EdgeHD
This innovative Celestron Focus Motor allows electronic focusing by using a computer or Celestron computerized mount hand controller. It gives you the opportunity to use a virtually hands-free approach when bringing celestial objects into a crisp focus. It's great for astroimagers who need that precise and exact focus. If the focus motor itself was not enough, port covers protect the ports when not in use, and the covers cannot be lost due because of the tethered design.
When the focus motor is connected to a Celestron computerized mount, using the supplied AUX cable allows the mount to provide the power for the motor. When connected to a computer, the USB will provide the power, similar to the mount. You may also use an external 12V DC power source (not included) which plugs into the motor’s power jack.
Please Note : This Celestron Focus Motor for SCT and EdgeHD cannot be used in conjunction with the Celestron .7x Focal Reducer for EdgeHD 925 telescopes.
The Celetron focus motor is compatible with the Celestron Schmidt-Cassegrain, EdgeHD, and Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph optical tubes. The full list is as follows:
- All SCTs from 6” to 14” in aperture that have been produced since the year 2006.
- All EdgeHD optical tubes except the EdgeHD 925 OTA
- The 8” Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph (RASA)
- The 36cm RASA
- The 7” Maksutov-Cassegrain
- The 11” RASA, though it requires the Focuser Retrofit Kit
Please Note: The Focus Motor is not compatible with 5" SCTs or model older than those produced since 2006.
The controls for the motor include the following: multiple speed rates, an automatic GoTo indexed focuser position and a focuser backlash compensation. The Indexed focus position allows the motor to move to a previous position and prevents the motor from reaching the telescope's mechanical focus travel.
The Focuser Utility software, made for Windows, has a simple user interface and is compatible with Celestron PWI. It also enables autofocusing with a camera and third-party software via ASCOM
Celestron offers free software called Focuser Utility for computer control. The Celestron PWI software also suffices. To use a third-party focuser control software, an ASCOM driver is required.
- Motor: DC servo motor
- Spur gears: Brass, 1:1 gear ratio, 38mm diameter, 45 teeth
- Focuser shaft coupler: Aluminum clamping sleeve
- Microprocessor: NXP Kinetis series, Arm Coretex-M4 core
- AUX port power: Powered by Celestron computerized mount AUX port, connecting cable supplied
- USB port power: USB3 or USB2 providing at least 900mA
- DC jack power: 12V DC, 1A, 5.5mm/2.1mm tip positive plug
- Compatibility: All SCTs produced after 2006 except 5" SCT, all Edge HD, RASA 8", RASA 36cm, 7" Mak-Cass
- Speed rates: 8°/sec , 32°/sec , 128°/sec