- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Orion X-tra Narrowband Oxygen Three O-III 1.25" Filter - 5578
Orion X-tra Narrowband Oxygen Three O-III 1.25"
- Orion X-tra Narrowband O-III has a bandpass of 7nm and passes light at 500.7 wavelength.
- Orion X-tra Narrowband O-III Astrographic 1.25" filter allows high-contrast imaging even in areas with strong light pollution.
- Orion O-III Filter is made from high-grade glass with dichroic interference and antireflection coatings.
- Orion X-tra Narrowband O-III has very high 90% transmission of O-III light.
- For tricolor CCD astrophotography use with S-II and H-alpha extra-narrowband imaging filters.
The Orion OIII Extra Narrowband 1.25" Filter allows you to go beyond RGB imaging and capture your favorite nebulas in a revealing new light, no matter how polluted your skies may be. Want to capture dramatic Hubble-like CCD images of emission nebulas from the heart of the city of under a full moon? Imaging with S-II, O-III, and H-alpha extra-narrowband filters allows you to do so. These specialized filters transmit only the specific wavelengths of light that are important in emission nebula, while blocking out all other light. Whether artificial or natural, from street lamps, the Moon, you name it, the Orion O-III will block it all. Using the Orion O-III Extra Narrowband 1.25" Filter results in high-contrast tricolor images from even grossly light-polluted skies making your observing experience, just about anywhere a delight!
The O-III filter passes light at the 500.7nm wavelength (the Oxygen-III line) with very high 90% transmission and a bandpass of 7nm. The O-III complements the Orion H-alpha and Sulfur-II extra narrowband filters. Together these filters allow advanced tricolor imaging of emission nebula with the StarShoot Deep Space Monochrome CCD Imaging Camera or other monochrome CCD cameras.
Made from high-grade glass, these 1.25" filters feature vacuum-deposited dichroic interference coatings and antireflection coatings. No refocusing is needed when switching among these filters as all three are parfocal. Housed in an anodized aluminum cell, each filter is threaded to fit a standard CCD camera 1.25" nosepiece or the Orion Multiple Filter Wheel.
Images taken with extra-narrowband filters typically look much different from those acquired using standard "true color" (RGB) methods. Rather then rendering an image in "natural" color, the extra-narrowband filters provide a visual representation of the elemental makeup of a nebula. This highlights with assigned colors the areas where the light obtains primarily from either Hydrogen-alpha, Oxygen-III, or Sulfur-II ions. This tactic is used by astronomers from many of the nebula pictures taken with the Hubble Space Telescope. While gorgeous, the extra-narrowband "false color" images reveal much about the chemical composition of the nebula and its various features.
Adding the Orion O-III Extra-Narrowband filter to your imaging collection will help you go beyond the RGB imaging and will help capture your favorite nebulas in a totally new light, no matter how polluted your skies may be!