- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Celestron CGX 1100 SCT Computerized Telescope - 12052
Celestron CGX 1100 SCT
11" SCT on CGX Computerized GoTo EQ Mount
11" SCT on CGX Computerized GoTo EQ Mount
What a package this is! If you want a powerful telescope that delves into the furthest reaches of the Universe, the Celestron C11 is for you! Even though it is capable of gathering a whopping 89% more light than an 8" telescope, the Celestron 1100 still only weighs 27.5 pounds. Celestron's venerable StarBright coatings increase contrast and work with the superb Schmidt-Cassegrain optics to produce sharp, high resolution images. Then there's the CGX; Celestron's completely redesigned, lower profile computerized GoTo German equatorial mount. With features such as a 55-pound weight capacity, super accurate spring-loaded worm wheel, a first-ever for Celestron belt and pulley system for smooth, precise motions under load, and telescope control software with high-end features like multi-point modeling, plate solving and more, this is most likely the only mount you'll ever need...and then some!
Celestron CGX Computerized Equatorial Mount
The all-new Celestron CGX mount is the culmination of years of GEM mount design by Celestron’s engineers. The surprisingly large load capacity of 55 pounds will accommodate a large optical tube assembly like the 1100 SCT, and that still leaves HALF the weight capacity for a camera, autoguider with rings, focal reducer, filter wheel, and other imaging accessories that will help you create amazing astro-images. Amazingly, this increased capacity and rigidity does not come at the expense of portability. The Celestron CGX Equatorial Mount only weighs 44 pounds, and the tripod weighs just 19.2 pounds, making it easy to break down and move to a dark sky site whenever you want.
The innovative CGX has a lower profile than mounts that have come before it. Well-placed carry handles and ergonomic, over-sized lock and adjustment knobs make it easy to set up and align the mount. A dual CGE/CG-5 dovetail saddle accepts most any OTA, just in case you have more than one telescope you'd like to use on the mount. The CGX is more responsive than ever, with spring-loaded worm gears and precision belt drives that minimize backlash and allow the mount to move smoothly under load.
Internal cabling keeps your RA and DEC cables out of the way, and the power and accessory ports that do accept cables in the traditional manner do not move with the mount. This feature, along with limit sensors and internal hard stops on both RA and Dec work to prevent cable wrap and tripod strike.
The Celestron CGX Equatorial Mount tracks 20-degrees past the meridian on either side to maximize the best imaging time. Technologies such as SkyPortal WiFi and StarSense AutoAlign are supported, and All Star Polar Alignment technology is built-in, for faster and easier polar alignment. With All Star Polar Alignment, you can pick any bright star to align on. Once the CGX moves to that star, all you have to do is make manual adjustments to center the star in your eyepiece. No drift align is required, and you may find that you don't need a polar alignment scope anymore!
New telescope control software for automation and remote operation has been designed for the Celestron CGX in conjunction with Planewave Instruments. This is the same engine that drives Planewave's observatory-class telescopes, and features multi-point GoTo modeling, electronic focuser support, and plate solving. With this innovative software, no third party advanced PC control software is needed!
The Celestron NexStar + hand controller is your interface with the CGX mount. It has a celestial database of 40,000 objects, and has fun features such as a automated tour of the best objects up on the date and time you are observing! The backlit buttons are intuitive and easy to use in the dark, and a new USB port on the end of the controller means you won't need an RS232-to-USB adapter.
The newly redesigned CGX tripod has a larger footprint for extra stability and comes with 2” diameter steel tripod legs that have graduated markings for quick leveling. The spreader bar/accessory tray adds extra stability to the heavy-duty tripod, and offers a few places to store your extra eyepieces, including your smartphone, when observing. This tray does not have to be removed before you can collapse your tripod for storage or transport. Finally, the head of the tripod is larger to accommodate the CGX mount, which has an adjustable base to place the center of gravity over the tripod when working at extreme latitudes.
Celestron CGX Equatorial Mount Highlights
- The CGX Mount has a large 55 pound weight capacity!
- More responsive, the CGX mount has spring-loaded worm gears with belt drives to minimize backlash, track more accurately, and move smoothly under load
- Easily mount a wide range of optical tube assemblies on the CGX dual-fit dovetail saddle plate. It accepts both CG-5 (Vixen) and CGE (Losmandy) plates, as well as those made by ADM, AstroPhysics, and more.
- Internal cabling, limit sensors, and internal hard stops for both axes work to prevent cable wrap, tripod strike, and keep your cables safe and out of the way.
- The CGX tracks 20-degrees past the meridian on either side, supporting you in your astro-imaging endeavors.
- All-Star Polar Alignment technology is built-in, making polar alignment easier and faster. The CGX mount also supports StarSense AutoAlign.
- Improved ergonomics and intuitive carry handles on the CGX make it easy to set-up and move
- Sophisticated telescope control software is all new and designed in conjunction with Planewave Instruments. Features include multi-point GoTo modeling, focusing and plate solving.
- No third party advanced PC control software is necessary.
- Mount weighs just 44 pounds, making it very portable.
- Included heavy-duty tripod has 2" stainless steel legs with graduated marks to make leveling easier, a larger head, and an accessory tray that holds three 1.25" eyepiece, two 2" eyepieces, and your smartphone or other small accessories.
Celestron C11 SCT Optical Tube Features:
- Go deep with 11" of aperture!
- Schmidt-Cassegrain design is compact for its aperture, weighing just 27.5 pounds
- The Celestron C11 has 2800mm of focal length with a focal ratio of f/10
- Celestron premium StarBright XLT coatings increase contrast and light-gathering
- The Celestron 11" SCT comes with a 1.25" star diagonal and a 9x50 finder and bracket
For more information on the Celestron CGX Equatorial Mount, take a look at our Celestron CGX Mount Review, or watch a YouTube video in which Celestron product engineer, Bryan Cogdell, proudly goes over the highlights of the CGX Mount with High Point Scientific's Robert Dugan.