- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Meade 70mm Quadruplet APO Astrograph on LX85 GoTo Equatorial Mount - 217010
Meade 70mm Quad APO Astrograph
on LX85 Computerized Equatorial Mount
The innovative Meade 70mm LX85 Astrograph is designed by Meade for astro-imaging and features a 4-element (quad) apochromatic refractor optical design as well as the Meade LX85 GoTo Equatorial Mount and tripod. The 70mm astrograph weighs only 4.5 pounds, which means you can add all kinds accessories, like a camera, guider, and more.
About the Meade LX85 German Equatorial Mount
The Meade LX85 is a lightweight yet sturdy, classic German equatorial mount that has been upgraded with an AudioStar hand controller for state-of-the-art GoTo electronics. The LX85 GEM is fitted with 12v DC low-cog servo motors on both axes (right ascension and declination). Meade's Smart Drive offers PPEC training so that you can easily track through long exposures or just keep objects in your guider for a good, long time without the need to adjust for drift. Also, there is no need to perform a meridian flip with the LX85 and an integrated guide port is ready and waiting to accept your favorite autoguider.
The LX85 mount is made of metal and is anodized with a white finish, while a few components, like the setting circles, are finished in “Meade Blue”. The LX85 mount breaks down into three lightweight pieces. The mount head weighs just 19.9 pounds, the tripod weighs 12.4 pounds, and the counterweight weighs 9 pounds.
The AudioStar controller can be used to easily align your LX85 mount and with a database of over 30,000 objects, it can find any number of awesome astrophotography targets with ease. Should you decide to add an optional second OTA for visual use, the Meade AudioStar, with it's built-in speaker, will not only help you find objects, it can talk to you about then for a truly interactive experience, and If you don’t know what’s up in the sky on a particular evening, or don’t have a particular target in mind, the Meade AudioStar can show you “Tonight’s Best”. Choose the Tonight’s Best tour on the controller and you will be shown, you guessed it, the best objects in the sky for that particular date and time. The AudioStar controller has a multitude of functions for you to explore, such as digital positional readouts, a database of up to 200 user-defined objects, 9-Speed dual-axis movement, and much more.
The Meade LX85 has a weight capacity of approximately thirty-three (33) pounds, which allows you to ride a wide variety of telescopes on the mount and still have capacity left for accessories. Just attach an OTA with a Vixen-style dovetail to the saddle and add extra counterweights, if necessary, to balance the load. One 9-lb. counterweight is included with the LX85 mount package.
The adjustable aluminum and steel tripod included with the LX85 weighs just 12.4 pounds. The height of the steel legs can be adjusted so that the tripod will stand anywhere from 31.5” to 43.5” tall. A metal tripod leg spreader bar, which helps immensely with tripod stability, doubles as an accessory tray.
About the Meade 70mm Quadruplet APO Astrograph
This Meade 70 mm f/5 Astrograph is a quadruplet Apochromatic Refractor (APO) telescope and thus offers unbeatable sharpness in wide field imaging. Remember, since this is a true astrograph, it is not designed for visual use.
With 350 mm of focal length, the impressive 70 mm Quad APO Refractor is perfect for performing advanced wide field astrophotography. The fully multi-coated quadruplet objective lens is constructed from the highest quality FPL53 ED (extremely low dispersion) glass for remarkable contrast and sharpness along with almost no noticeable chromatic aberration or "color fringing."
The Meade 70 Astrograph produces a 42mm image circle that will cover a 35mm full frame sensor. Adapters for 48mm and 42mm standardized T-threads are included, and so is a hard aluminum carry case and a Vixen-style dovetail with mounting rings.
Meade LX85 GoTo Equatorial Mount Specs
- Mount Type: German Equatorial
- Hand Control: AudioStar
- Software DVD: Autostar Suite Astronomer Edition
- Supports ASCOM: Yes, via AudioStar Controller
- Motors: Dual Axis Low-Cog 12V DC Servo
- Power: 12VDC, 5amp power supply (User Supplied)
- Dovetail: Vixen Style
- Weight Capacity: 33 pounds
- Mount Weight: 10.9 pounds
- Mount Dimensions: 4.8" x 12.4" x 13.2"
- Tripod Weight: 12.4 pounds
- Tripod Dimensions (Collapsed): 39.5" x 5.75" x 6.25"
- Tripod Material: Aluminum castings with 1.75" diameter steel legs
- Tripod Height: Minimum is 31.5" and maximum is 43.5"
- Counterweight: One, 9 pounds
- Assembled Mount Weight: 34.1 pounds
- Assembled Mount Dimensions: 47.2" x 47.2" x 5.8"
- Accessories: Bubble Level Compass and Tripod Accessory Tray
Meade 70mm Astrograph Specifications
- Optical Design: Astrograph
- Clear Aperture: 70mm (2.76")
- Focal Length: 350mm
- Focal Ratio: f/5
- Optical Coatings: Multi-Coated
- Dovetail: Vixen-Style
- OTA Weight: 4.5 pounds
- OTA Dimensions: 12.25" x 4.5"