- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
High Point Solar Eclipse Glasses - 1 Pair - SGP1
High Point Solar Eclipse Glasses - 1 Pair
Get ready for the solar eclipse on August 21, 2017, with these solar eclipse glasses for sale! Our solar shades are made in the USA, inexpensive, safe, and effective for any time you want to look at the Sun. Whether you travel to a location along the path of totality for the August eclipse or not, a partial eclipse will be observable from all locations in the continental US (weather permitting, of course). Don't miss being a part of the action because you don't have the glasses for solar eclipses you need to look at the Sun safely!
Simply wear these solar shades like an ordinary pair of sunglasses and your eyes will be protected from very harmful and damaging solar radiation whenever you look at the Sun. The High Point Scientific Solar Eclipse Glasses for sale may look the same as those handed out by eye doctors after an exam, but they are very different! The special solar film used in our solar glasses blocks 99.999% of visible light and is certified to be safe when used as directed.
Safety Statement: Our glasses for solar eclipses conform to and meet the Transmission Requirements of ISO-12312-2 Filters for Direct Observation of the Sun. They also meet the Transmission Requirements of EN 1836-2005 + A1 2007 (E) for an E115 Filter for the Direct Observation of the Sun, as well as the Transmission Requirements of AS/NZ5 1338-12012, Filter for Eye Protector, EC Type Examination by: SAl Global Assurance Services Ltd. (Notified body No. NB2056)
How to View the Sun with Solar Eclipse Glasses
This sounds like a no-brainer, right? However, there are a few important things you need to know about safely viewing the Sun when using Solar Viewing Glasses.
- Turn your body towards the direction of the Sun unless it is high overhead, in which case, it doesn't matter which direction you turn. :-)
- Put your Solar Glasses on, and make sure both earpieces are tucked behind your ears securely. If your hair is long, make sure it lays over the earpiece, not under it.
- Once your eclipse glasses are secure, look up at the Sun. Keep in mind that you will see NOTHING until the Sun hits the "lens" portion of your glasses.
- Do NOT "peek" outside your glasses if you do not see the Sun right away. Sometimes this takes a little practice, but you will find the Sun, I promise. You must not look at the Sun, even for a second, without the protection of your solar glasses!
- Finally, if children will be participating, teach them these steps before you hand them their glasses. Then make sure they are secure. We recommend everyone in your party has their own pair of solar shades since accidents are more likely to happen if people are sharing. We offer High Point Solar Eclipse Glasses in packs of 5 and 10 and in even larger quantities for those who are planning a party, will be viewing with a club or group, or even want to have a few extra to sell at their eclipse location.
Remember, these Solar Eclipse Glasses are reusable, and you don't have to wait for the next Total Eclipse of the Sun to use them. To keep them safe for years to come you'll need to protect the solar film and keep the earpieces from tearing. To do that, fold them carefully, place the glasses for solar eclipses between two pieces of cardboard, and slide into a marked envelope. Another option is to put them in a letter-sized envelope and store them in a book. If the book is about eclipses or the Sun, all the better!