- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
iOptron CEM40EC High Resolution Center Balance Equatorial Mount and 2" Tripod - 7402ECA
iOptron CEM40EC Center Balance Equatorial Mount and 2" Tripod
with High Resolution RA Encoder
with High Resolution RA Encoder
The CEM40EC is a medium weight equatorial GoTo mount has a weight capacity of 40 pounds and includes outstanding features like a high-resolution RA encoder for <0.25 arc-second accuracy, iPolar, an integrated electronic polar finder that will make alignment super easy, a Universal Self-Centering Saddle that accepts both Losmandy and Vixen-style dovetail plates, GPS, an internal cable management system, and more!
Traditional equatorial mounts are useful when it comes to both visual astronomy and astrophotography, but users have had to grapple with the fact that the design, where the position of the telescope is offset from the center of the tripod, causes torque that effects the mount's overall stability. The iOptron CEM, or Center Balance Equatorial Mount, put the mount's balance point directly over the tripod, resulting in greater stability and allowing for a better weight capacity to mount weight ratio. This iOptron mount design is one of the reasons why the CEM40EC mount head can weigh just 15.8 pounds but carry up to 40 pounds!
Features of the iOptron CEM40EC Equatorial Mount
- The "EC" version of the iOptron CEM40 offers an RA high resolution encoder with <0.25 arcsecond accuracy, a real plus for astro-imagers
- The CEM40EC is CNC machined and anodized for precision and beauty
- An integrated electronic polar finder is included with the CEM40EC and tripod system, making short work of polar alignment
- The quick-lock gear clutch drive engagement system has large levers for easy adjustment even when wearing gloves
- An internal cable management system keeps wires and cables neatly inside the mount to keep snags to a minimum
- A Universal Self-Centering Saddle (USCS) places your mount's dovetail, either Losmandy or Vixen style, right where it should be.
- The CEM40EC includes low power consumption stepper motors
- A built-in 32-channel GPS quickly and easily locates your mount's position
- GoTo capabilities are facilitated by the iOptron GoTo Nova 8407+ hand controller, which, among other things, has a built-in heater and a whopping 359,000 object library with star identification
- RPEC, or Real-Time Periodic Error Correction, allows you to train your mount for heightened accuracy
- An ST-4 Guide Port is included and you can add an optional external WiFi Adapter for wireless control via your Smartphone or tablet
iOptron CEM40EC Specifications
- Mount: Center Balanced Equatorial
- Maximum Payload: 40 pounds (18 kg), excluding counterweight
- Mount Weight: 15.8 lb. (7.2 kg)
- Payload to Mount Weight Ratio: 2.5
- Material: All metal, CNC machined
- Exterior Finish: Anodized red and black
- Latitude Range: 0-60 degrees (optional shaft for <10 degrees available)
- Azimuth Range: +/- 6 degrees
- Tracking Accuracy: < 0.25 arcsec RMS
- PEC: RPEC (real time PEC)
- Period: 400 seconds
- Worm Diameter: 17mm, Brass
- RA Worm Wheel: 110mm, 216 teeth, zero backlash
- Dec Worm Wheel: 110mm, 216 teeth, zero backlash
- RA Axis Shaft: 45mm steel
- Dec Axis Shaft: 45mm steel
- RA Bearings: 68mm
- Dec Bearings: 68mm
- Counterweight Shaft: 20mm Diameter by 410mm
- Mount Base Diameter: 125mm
- Motor: Precision stepper motor, 1.8 degrees/128 micro-step
- Motor Resolution: 0.08 arctic (200 PPS)
- Hand Controller: Go2Nova 8407+, with an 8 line, 21 character LCD screen
- Star Database: 359,000+ with star identification
- Power: 12V DC, 5A
- Power Consumption: 0.6A when tracking, 0.9A during GoTo
- Polar Scope: Internal iPolar electronic polar scope
- Meridian Treatment: Stop (0-10 degrees pass)m, flip
- Zero Position: Automatic zero search
- Dovetail Saddle: iOptron Universal Saddle, 5"
- Max Slew Speed: 4.5 degrees per second (1080X)
- Guiding Port: ST-4
- Communication Port: USB
- GPS: Yes
- WiFi: External, available separately
- Cable Management: DC12V (3A), ST4, USB
- Tripod: 2"
- Hard Case: Included