- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
iOptron SkyGuider Pro Camera Mount - IOP-3550
iOptron SkyGuider Pro Camera Mount
The new SkyGuider™ Pro Camera Mount is iOptron's camera tracking device for the next generation! A leader in camera tracking for almost four years, the iOptron SkyGuider Pro moves nearer to perfection.
Remodeled to be more compact than its predecessor, the iOptron SkyGuider Pro is small enough to fit in the palm of your hand. It features improved precision, silent tracking, an integrated rechargeable power source, ST-4 guiding port, and camera trigger port. The improved precision polar scope retains an elegantly engraved reticle and now offers modifiable illumination with various levels of brightness. Accurate polar alignment is a snap with iOptron's iOS app. Includes a DEC mounting bracket for balancing heavy cameras, lenses, or both. You can even mount a light telescope!
The iOptron SkyGuider™ Pro has four tracking rates: 1X or sidereal, 1/2X for combined sky and landscape, solar, and lunar. These tracking rates are suitable for the northern as well as the southern hemisphere. In addition, iOptron has added a quick slew mode with both forward and reverse for speedy image reframing without upsetting the position of the camera.
iOptron has improved the SkyGuider Pro's detachable alt-azimuth base, which has a precision bubble level, altitude degree markings, and a built-in post for azimuth control. The SkyGuider Pro head can also be mounted, sans base, directly to all standard photographic tripods that have 1/4" or 3/8" threads.
The package that comes with the DEC mounting bracket includes a 3 lb. counterweight, counterweight shaft, and Vixen-style dovetail saddle. This enables the SkyGuider™ Pro Camera Mount to work with heavier camera/lens systems, and even lighter optical tubes.
For those interested in wide field astrophotography for capturing beautiful Astro scapes, the SkyGuider™ Pro Mount is an essential tool.
iOptron SkyGuider Pro Camera Mount Highlights
- Full metal mechanical structure
- Secures to camera tripods with 1/4" or 3/8" threads
- 11 lb. (5 kg) payload capacity (balanced with DEC mounting bracket, not including counterweight)
- Silent tracking offers smooth camera motion, ideal for long-term exposures
- Detachable alt-azimuth base with fine latitude and azimuth modifiers for simple polar alignment
- iOptron AccuAlign™ dark field illuminated polar scope is included
- Polar scope illumination is adjustable
- Four tracking speeds: 1X, 1/2X, solar, lunar. 1X celestial tracking is for imaging the sky and stars, while 1/2X tracking speed is for simultaneously imaging both the starry night and landscapes.
- Works in both the northern and southern hemispheres
- Quick slew (144X) provides camera framing modification
- Rechargeable battery is integrated and provides up to 20 hours of operation (20ºC)
- Built-in ST-4 autoguiding port
- HBX port for external hand controller
- Micro USB port enables power charging as well as firmware upgrades
- Integrated shutter triggering port
- Includes padded carrying bag, DEC mounting bracket, and 3 lb. counterweight & shaft
- Vixen "V" style dovetail saddle enables telescope mounting
iOptron SkyGuider Pro Camera Mount Specifications
- Mount: Compact single axis tracking EQ
- Payload Capacity: 11 lbs. (5 kg) balanced
- Mount Weight: 2.2 lbs. (1 kg) with battery
- Mount Weight with Base: 3.2 lbs. (1.45 kg) with battery
- Body Material: All metal
- RA Shaft: 35mm, steel
- Worm Wheel: 88mm, 144 teeth aluminum alloy
- RA Worm: 15.2mm, brass
- Bearing: 4 pieces
- Motor Drive: DC servo motor with optical encoder
- Tracking: RA automatic
- Fast Slew Speed: 144X, forward and reverse
- Guiding Port: ST-4 compatible
- Polar Scope: AccuAlign™ dark field illuminated (~6º FOV)
- Camera Trigger: Yes
- Hand Controller: Yes (8408 controller is optional)
- Power Requirement: Internal rechargeable battery
- Battery Type: Li-Poly, 3.7V, 2000mAh
- Duration of Operation: Up to 20 hours at 20ºC
- Power Charge Port: Micro USB (5V), 80% charge in 5 hours
- Camera Mounting Block: 62mm, 3/8" post thread
- Body Base Connection: Vixen dovetail, 3/8” socket (1/4” converter)
- Alt-Az Adjustable Base: Vixen style saddle, 3/8” socket
- Alt-Az Adjustable Base Diameter: 80 mm
- Latitude Adjustment Range: -30º ~ 65º (with alt-az base)
- Azimuth Adjustment Range: ±5º
- Level Indicator: Bubble level
- Dimensions: 133 mm x 115 mm x 95 mm without the alt-az base
- Counterweight: 3 lbs. (1.35 kg)
- Counterweight Shaft: 20 mm x 200 mm w/3/8”-16 threads
- Firmware Upgrade: Yes via USB port
- Operation Temperature: -10ºC ~40ºC