- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
iOptron SkyTracker Pro Camera Mount with Polar Scope - Black - 3322
iOptron SkyTracker Pro Camera Tracking Mount
with Polar Scope
Small enough to fit in the palm of your hand, the iOptron SkyTracker Pro is the latest generation of high-quality camera tracking mounts! With the addition of a camera, ball head, and sturdy tripod, you can take wonderful, guided images of the night sky as well as cool terrestrial shots with the night sky as your backdrop. The SkyTracker Pro works in both hemispheres and has a choice of four tracking rates. Choose Solar for images of the Sun (with the proper solar filter installed on your camera!), Lunar for shots of our beautiful Moon, 1/2X tracking for terrestrial/night sky photography, or 1X for celestial tracking of the night sky. The SkyTracker Pro also has a Quick Slew feature, which allows for quick camera framing of up to 180X, and a unique bidirectional rapid slew function that enables you to reframe the shot without disturbing your camera.
The iOptron StarTracker Pro is powered by a built-in rechargeable battery that is capable of 24 hours of continuous operation at one of the four standard tracking rates (not Quick Slew). The battery can be recharged via the included Micro USB charging cable when connected to your computer's USB port, a smartphone charger with USB port, or a portable battery pack (not included). You can read the attached instruction manual (see the Files tab) for more info on charging the battery.
A sturdy removable Alt-Azi Base comes installed on the SkyTracker Pro. Features of the base include a bubble level, fine adjustments for both latitude and azimuth, and markings for latitude adjustment from 30 to 65 degrees. The iOptron SkyTracker Pro also comes standard with the AccuAlign dark field illuminated polar scope. The polar scope has an etched illuminated reticle with an adjustable brightness control that delivers a choice of eight brightness levels.
This super portable camera tracking system comes with a padded carry bag. If you have limited space for travel, the SkyTracker Pro tracker can be removed from the alt-az base and attached directly to a photo tripod with 1/4" or 3/8" threads. The camera tracking mount weighs just 1.54 pounds without the base, and 2.56 pounds with the base attached. The weight capacity of the SkyTracker Pro is 6.6 pounds, which is plenty for a DSLR and lens set up or a small, lightweight telescope.
iOptron SkyTracker Pro Specifications
- Mount: Ultra compact single axis EQ
- Payload (MAX): 6.6 lbs (3kg)
- Mount weight: 685 gm with battery
- Mount weight with base: 1150 gm (2.53 lb) with battery
- Body material: Die-cast aluminum with ABS cover
- RA shaft: Φ25mm, steel
- Worm wheel: Φ74mm, 144 teeth aluminum alloy
- Worm gear : Φ11mm, brass
- Worm period: 600 sec
- Bearing: 4 pieces
- Motor drive: DC servo
- Tracking: R.A. automatic
- Tracking speed: 1X Cel, 1/2 Cel, solar, lunar, N/S
- Fast slew speed: 180X, forward and reverse
- Polar sight hole: ~ 8º FOV
- Polar scope: 6º FOV, dark field illuminated (8 adjustable intensity)
- Power requirement: Internal rechargeable battery
- Battery type: Li-Poly, 3.7V, 2000 mAh
- Duration of operation: Over 24 hours at 20ºC
- Power charge port: Micro USB (5V), 80% charge in 5 hours
- Body dimension : 115x115x95 mm
- Operation Temperature: -15~40ºC
- Mounting ring: Ø53 mm, 3/8” or 1/4" post threads
- Body-base connection: Vixen dovetail, 3/8” socket w/ 1/4” converter
- Alt-Azi adjustable Base: Vixen style saddle, 3/8” socket (1/4" converter)
- Latitude adjustment range: -30º ~ 65º (with Alt-azi base)
- AZ adjustment range: ±5°
- Base diameter: Φ80 mm
- Warranty: One year limited (90 day on battery)