- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Lunt Solar Systems 100mm H-Alpha Telescope - Choose Blocking Filter
Lunt Solar 100 mm H-Alpha Telescope
The LS100THa from Lunt Solar Systems is a 100 mm dedicated Hydrogen-alpha telescope with a bandpass of <0.7 Angstroms. Pressure tuning is standard on the LS100THA, as is a high precision Starlight Instruments Feather Touch 2" Focuser with 10:1 dual speed focusing controls. You will also receive a Tele Vue Sol-Searcher Sun Finder, a 12" dovetail, and an aluminum carry case for safe storage and transport. Choose your desired blocking filter (1200, 1800, or 3400) from the above drop-down.
True Doppler Tuning (Pressure Tuning) allows for a shift into and away from the user, adding a 3D-like component to the viewing experience. While it has minimal effect on proms due to their location at the edge of the disk, it does have an effect on filaments and active regions on the surface. While looking at a filament at the center of the Sun the user has the ability to Doppler shift from the base of the filament to the tip, following the filament through its structure toward you and away from you, allowing for enhanced visual and imaging capability for the observer as well as a research tool for the avid hobbyist. The pressure tuning system provides an order of magnitude more precision to the tuning of the desired features.
Lunt LS100THA Telescope Specifications:
- Type: Single Interference Etalon Solar Telescope
- Tuning: Internal Pressure Tune (Doppler True Tuning)
- Scope Aperture: 100 mm
- Focal Length: 714 mm
- F Ratio: F/7
- Bandpass: <0.7 Angstrom @ 656 nm
- Focuser: 2" Feather Touch with 10:1 Reduction
- Blocking Filter: B1200, B1800 or B3400 (Choose from Dropdown)
- Includes a Lunt Dovetail Bar for mounting
- Color: Pearl White with Black and Red accents
- Includes a Sol Searcher solar finder
- Includes a hard carrying case
- Includes dust cap
About Your Drop-Down Choices:
Choose a B1200, B1800, or B3400 Blocking Filter from the drop-down. The B1800 is a worthy upgrade if you will be doing photography through the scope or you want a wider field of view visually. The B3400 gives an even wider field of view than the B1800 and is the perfect choice for those who want to image with a larger imaging sensor. The price of the telescope package will adjust depending on the blocking filter you choose.
Please Note: The 100mm H-Alpha Telescope with B3400 Blocking Filter currently has an Expanded Lead Time.
Feel free to contact HPS via chat, phone or email to have us check stock status on the telescope configuration you wish to order. We would be happy to help.