- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Meade LX70 R8 - 8" Newtonian Reflector OTA - 270022
Meade has discontinued the LX70 R8 8" f/5 Newtonian Reflector, and we are out of stock. Here is a link to the Meade 8" Reflector on LX85 GoTo Equatorial Mount we carry at High Point. Hopefully, you can find a proper replacement in this selection. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to call us at 1-800-266-9590 or send an email, and we will be happy to help you. Thank you!
Meade LX70 R8 8" f/5 Newtonian Reflector
Optical Tube Assembly
Optical Tube Assembly
The Meade LX70 8" 270022 Newtonian Reflector OTA features an advanced Newtonian Reflector design with a high-quality f/5 parabolic primary mirror. This fast f/5 optical system provides spectacular wide field images for the discriminating deep-sky observer and astrophotographer. This Newtonian Reflector LX70 scope by Meade has an aperture of 8" and a focal length of 1000 mm, but still has a compact size, weighing just 20 pounds. This high performing telescope will be an easily portable scope for either visual observing or astrophotography.
The 8" aperture of the Meade LX70 Newtonian Reflector OTA allows it to resolve details down to 0.57 arcsecond across and can be viewed using the two included 1.25" Plossl eyepieces (9 mm & 26 mm). With its larger 8" aperture, this reflector will gather more light than a comparable 6" scope, and thus will provide brighter images of faint objects you want to observe. With its 2" rack and pinion focuser it is equipped to handle wide field 2" eyepieces right out of the box, and for 1.25" eyepieces, an adapter is provided. The 8x50 optical finder scope with cross hair reticle makes locating and centering fainter objects quick and easy.
This Meade LX70 8" Newtonian Reflector consists of an Optical Tube Assembly only, and does not include a mount or tripod. You can mount this scope on existing equipment or mount you have or purchase a mount and tripod separately.
Meade LX70 R8 8" Newtonian Reflector OTA Specifications:
- Clear Aperture: 200 mm (8")
- Optical Design: Newtonian Reflector, Parabolic primary
- Focal Length: 1000 mm
- Focal Ratio: f/5
- Resolving Power (Dawes): 0.57 arcsecond
- Viewfinder: 8x50 finder scope with cross hair reticle
- Eyepieces: 2 x 1.25" Plossl eyepieces, 9 mm & 26 mm
- Focuser: 2" rack and pinion focuser with 1.25" adapter
- Dovetail Rail: Vixen style dovetail with 2 Cradle Rings