- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Meade 8" LX65 ACF Telescope with Alt-Az Single-Arm GoTo Mount - 228004
Meade 8" LX65 ACF Telescope with Alt-Az Single-Arm GoTo Mount
with Free Shipping & $131.29 Worth of Free Accessories!
When you purchase a Meade 8" LX65 ACF Telescope From High Point you will receive the following products for free...that's right...free!
- 32 mm Plossl Eyepiece - $42.95 Value
- 2X Barlow Lens - $29.95 Value
- 1.25" Moon Filter - $10.95 Value
- 5A AC Adapter - $39.95 Value
- Lens Pen Cleaning Tool - $7.49 Value
Total it up and that is $131.29 worth of Free products. This offer is good while free accessory supplies last so claim your free goods today!
Meade 8" LX65 ACF Telescope with Single Arm Mount Highlights
Meade's LX65-ACF telescope package features a Meade 8" Advanced Coma-Free (ACF) telescope along with the revolutionary LX65 alt-azimuth mount. You will also receive many accessories to enhance your viewing experience, such as a 1.25" mirror diagonal, 26mm Super Plossl eyepiece, AudioStar hand controller, and much more.
About the Meade LX65 Single Arm GoTo Mount
The Meade LX65 features an impressive design that is easy to set up and portable enough to take wherever you go. This alt-azimuth mount has a single fork arm that is sturdy enough to support - not one - but two OTAs! A smaller scope (up to 7lbs) can sit next to your primary OTA on the secondary saddle. When you are finished observing, packing up is a breeze. The LX65 breaks down into three, lightweight pieces without the need for tools.
Use the AudioStar controller to find objects, do an easy alignment, move the mount electronically, or take a tour of the night's best objects.
With a database of over 30,000 objects and a built-in speaker, the Meade AudioStar will not only help you find objects with its easy, user-friendly interface, it can talk to you about a wide range of objects for a truly interactive experience.
If you don’t know what’s up in the sky on a particular evening, or don’t have a particular observing schedule in mind, let the Meade AudioStar show you “Tonight’s Best”. Choose the Tonight’s Best tour on the controller and you will be shown, you guessed it, the best objects in the sky for that particular date and time. The AudioStar controller has a multitude of functions for you to explore, such as digital positional readouts, a database of up to 200 user-defined objects, 9-Speed dual-axis movement, and much more.
About the Meade 8" ACF Telescope
The LX65-ACF represents the latest step in the evolution of Meade's f/10 Advanced Coma-Free Optics. Meade has created the LX65-ACF using a new optical design with coma-free pinpoint star images and flatter field that discerning astrophotographers and most professional observatories expect. Meade's Advanced Coma-Free system also reduces astigmatism and eliminates diffractions spikes found in classical RC telescopes. No competing Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope can make those claims.
The LX65-ACF is the perfect platform for the demanding visual observer. With Ultra High Transmission Coatings (UTHC), this scope will reveal brighter star clusters, more fine detail in nebulae, and greater surface features on planets. When it comes to industry-leading optics, depth of features, and computerized operation, the LX65-ACF is the best all-around telescope value you can find.
To start you off right, Meade is including a 26mm Super Plossl eyepiece that will reveal 70X magnified views. You will also receive a 1.25" star diagonal so you can comfortably observe celestial objects all night long.
Meade 8" LX65 ACF Telescope Specs
- Telescope Series: Meade LX65
- Telescope Optical Design: Advanced Coma-Free
- Telescope Aperture: 8" (203.2mm)
- Telescope Focal Ratio: f/10
- Telescope Focal Length: 203.2mm
- Optical Coatings: Ultra High Transmission Coatings
- Focuser Style: Internal Moving Primary
- Focuser Size: Internal Focuser with 1.25" Rear Cell Adapter
- Focuser Speed: Single Speed
- Telescope Mount Type: Alt-Azimuth
- Telescope Mount Weight Capacity: Secondary Saddle: 7lb
- Objects in Telescope Database: 30,000
- Includes GPS Technology: No
- Telescope Power Source: C Batteries
- Telescope OTA Width: 9.8"
- Telescope OTA Length: 18.1"
- Telescope OTA Weight: 11.1 lbs.
- Telescope Mount Weight: 18.7 lbs.
- Telescope Tripod Weight: 8.5 lbs.
- Telescope Tripod Leg Diameter: 1.5"
- Telescope Total Weight: 39.5 lbs.
About the Free Goods - $131.29 Value
Apertura Universal 5A AC Adapter
This Apertura AC cable adapter delivers 5A @ 12VDC. On one end of the cable is a DC plug that threads onto the mount's power jack. There are threads on the barrel to ensure that the cable will not be removed if accidental cable pulls occur. The other side of the Apertura AC Adapter has a US Type B plug. The Type B plug is compatible with most North American countries, some South American countries, Japan, and a handful of other countries.
Apertura 32 mm Plossl Eyepiece
The 32 mm Plossl Eyepiece from Apertura is a great medium to low power eyepiece! This Apertura Eyepiece has a 52° field of view and delivers crisp, clear images of the night sky. The 4-element Plossl comes equipped with fully multi-coated lens surfaces and blackened lens edges. You can enjoy comfortable viewing with the generous 20 mm of eye relief. The filter threads are designed to fit 1.25" filters: perfect for the included Apertura moon filter!
Apertura 2x Barlow
Crafted with Multi-Coated Optics, Blackened Lens Edges, Filter Threads, and Secure Thumb Screw, this Apertura Barlow lens is a great magnification tool! The 2x Barlow works with 1.25" eyepieces and filters and generates exquisite images of the night sky with fully multi-coated optics. When you add this Apertura Barlow to your included eyepieces, you will be able to double their magnification! At only 3.1" in length, the 2x Barlow lens is a great low profile Barlow lens.
Apertura Moon Filter
This Moon Filter from Apertura is just the thing for more comfortable (and rewarding!) viewing of the bright Moon. With this filter in place, it's like putting sunglasses on your telescope eyepiece! Simply thread onto the barrel of a 1.25" eyepiece or Barlow lens and then insert into the focuser or diagonal as usual. Lunar features, such as craters big and small, maria, and mountains will come into view when your eyes are not overpowered by the moon's brightness. You can also use the Apertura Moon Filter for Venus as well! The Apertura Moon filter has been produced with high grade optical glass and is anti-reflection coated to prevent glaring and ghosting.
Apertura Lens Pen
The Apertura Lens Pen has a retractable brush to gently remove dust and any other loose particles. If there is still some smudges, use the other end of the Apertura Lens Pen to gently remove them. The special non-liquid cleaning element is designed to be gentle yet effective and will never dry out.
Whenever the Apertura Lens Pen is not in use, make sure to retract the cleaning brush and use the cap. This Lens Pen is so portable; you can keep It in your camera bag or astronomy accessory case so it will always be available when you need it. Remember, only clean your optics when you have to! A few specks of dust is normal and won't usually interfere with your observations. If you do need to clean, always choose the tool with the least impact on the surface of the glass first. Taking care to only clean your optics when absolutely necessary will help keep the coatings intact and scratch-free.