- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
QHY 168C Cooled Color APS-C CMOS Camera - QHY168C
QHY168C Cooled APS-C CMOS Astronomy Camera
The QHY168C is a cooled USB 3.0 color imaging camera with a large 16-megapixel sensor that offers 14-bit output. The 168C sports the Sony IMX071; an APS-C color sensor with a 4952 x 3288 effective array of 4.8um pixels. This is the same sensor that is used in the Nikon D5100 camera. It has a dynamic range of almost 14 stops and has low readout noise, with 3.2e at lowest gain and 2.3e at high gain. The IMX071 front-illuminated sensor is housed in a sealed chamber that is heated to prevent dew from building up on either the sensor or window.
The QHY168C comes with a two-stage TEC cooling and temperature regulation system that can cool your camera down to as low as -40C below ambient. QHY has also incorporated anti-dew technology into the QHY168C. The CMOS chamber is fully sealed and includes a silicon gel tube socket as well as a heater to help keep both your sensor and the sensor window dry, even on damp nights.
In an effort to avoid halos around bright stars the optical window has an AR+AR coating instead of the traditional IR-Cut window normally offered on one-shot color cameras. There is a trade off in that you will need to provide your own 2" IR-cut filter and mount it on the front of the camera.
The QHY168C allows for true raw image output! When you get the original signal to work with, you have maximum flexibility in the image processing stage of the process. Also, a built-in 128MB DDRII image buffer provides a safeguard against unexpected drops in data transmission. A frame buffer avoids lost frames during USB transfer by storing image data in the camera itself until it can be safely transmitted. Buffering will also make sure your video runs more smoothly when using a slower computer that cannot always handle high-speed data well.
The QHY168C camera has an anti-amp light control circuit to reduce amplifier glow significantly.
QHY168C Camera Specifications
- CMOS Sensor: Sony IMX071
- Color or Monochrome: Color
- Effective Pixels: 4952x3288
- Imager Size: APS-C Format
- Pixel Size: 4.8um
- Shutter: Electric Rolling Shutter
- Full Well Capacity: 46ke-
- Readout Type: Progressive Scan
- Exposure Time Range: 30us - 3600us
- Max Frame Rate: 10 FPS at Full, 30 FPS at 1920x1080 HD
- Readout Noise: 3.2e at lowest gain, 2.3e at high gain
- Output Sample Depth: 14bit/8bit
- On Camera Image Buffer: Yes, 128MB DDRII Buffer
- Cooling: 2-stage TEC, Typical -40 below Ambient, Temperature Regulated
- Power: USB Powered for camera and +12V powered for TEC
- Anti Dew Control: Air Connector for removable silicon gel tube. Heat board for optic window of sealed CCD chamber
- Computer Interface: USB3.0 Super Speed
- Telescope Interface: M54/0.75 female thread on the fast installer/center adjust ring
- Optic Window: AR+AR
- Electric Interface: 12V input with lock, USB3.0 socket
- Software: SharpCAP, ASCOM, EXCAP_QT, and FireCapture
- Weight: 450g/15.87 ounces