- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
QHY 247C Cooled Color APS-C CMOS Camera - QHY247C - Used - SOLD
- This QHY 247C Cooled Color APS-C CMOS Camera is Used and in Excellent Condition. Upon inspection, we found that the camera is fully functional. The camera was repaired by QHY, and everything looks good.
- Image shows new product.
- Comes with High Point 90-Day Warranty
QHY247C Cooled APS-C CMOS Astronomy Camera
The QHY247C is a cooled USB 3.0 color imaging camera with a whopping 24MP CMOS sensor. The 247C sports the Sony IMX193; an APS-C color sensor with a 6024 x 4024 array of effective 3.91um pixels. This is the same sensor that is used in the Nikon D5300 and D5500 camera. It has very low readout and thermal noise, with 2.7e at lowest gain and 1.0e at high gain. The IMX193 sensor is housed in a sealed chamber that is heated to prevent dew from building up on either the sensor or window.
The QHY247C comes with a two-stage TEC cooling and temperature regulation system that can cool your camera down to as low as -40C below ambient. QHY has also incorporated anti-dew technology into the QHY247. The CMOS chamber is fully sealed, and includes a silicon gel tube socket as well as a heater to help keep both your sensor and the sensor window dry, even on damp nights.
In an effort to avoid halos around bright stars the optical window has an AR+AR coating instead of the traditional IR-Cut window normally offered on one-shot color cameras. There is a trade off in that you will need to provide your own 2" IR-cut filter and mount it on the front of the camera.
The QHY247C allows for true raw image output! When you get the original signal to work with, you have maximum flexibility in the image processing stage of the process. Also, a built-in 128MB DDRII image buffer provides a safeguard against unexpected drops in data transmission. A frame buffer avoids lost frames during USB transfer by storing image data in the camera itself until it can be safely transmitted. Buffering will also make sure your video runs more smoothly when using a slower computer that cannot always handle high speed data well.
The QHY247C camera has an anti-amp light control circuit to reduce amplifier glow significantly. Ports include a 6-pin RJ11 Guide Port and a 4-pin CFW2 Filter Wheel Control Port, allowing you to add an optional autoguider or filter wheel to enhance your imaging experience.
QHY247C Camera Specifications
- CMOS Sensor: Sony IMX193
- Color or Monochrome: Color
- Effective Pixels: 6024x4024
- Imager Size: APS-C Format
- Pixel Size: 3.91um
- Shutter: Electric Rolling Shutter
- Full Well Capacity: 36ke-
- Readout Type: Progressive Scan
- Exposure Time Range: 50us - 3600us
- Max Frame Rate: 3 FPS at Full, 10 FPS at 1920x1080 HD
- Pixel Binning: 1x1
- Readout Noise: 2.7e at lowest gain, 1.0e at high gain
- Output Sample Depth: 14bit/8bit
- On Camera Image Buffer: Yes, 128MB DDRII Buffer
- Cooling: 2-stage TEC, Typical -40 below Ambient, Temperature Regulated
- Power: USB Powered for camera and +12V powered for TEC
- Anti Dew Control: Air Connector for removable silicon gel tube. Heat board for optic window of sealed CCD chamber
- Computer Interface: USB3.0 Super Speed
- Telescope Interface: M54
- Color Wheel Port: 4PIN QHYCFW2 socket
- Guide Port: 6PIN RJ11 Guide Port
- Optic Window: AR+AR
- Electric Interface: 12V input with lock, USB3.0 socket, 4PIN QHYCFW, 6PIN RJ11
- Software: SharpCAP, ASCOM, EXCAP_QT, and FireCapture
- Weight: 450g/15.87 ounces