- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
QHY 290M Monochrome Back-Illuminated Cooled Astronomy Camera - QHY290M - Used
- This QHY 290M Monochrome Back-Illuminated Cooled Astronomy Camera is Used and in Excellent Condition. Upon inspection, we found that the camera is fully functional. There are obvious signs of having been opened, otherwise everything else looks great.
- Image shows new product.
- Comes with High Point 90-Day Warranty
QHY290M Cooled Back-Illuminated CMOS Astronomy Camera
The QHY290M is a cooled USB 3.0 monochrome imaging camera that is great for both planetary and deep sky. The 290M sports the back-illuminated Sony STARVIS Exmor-R IMX290 CMOS sensor, with small 2.9um pixels in a 2 megapixel array. The IMX290 is housed in a sealed chamber that is heated to prevent dew from building up on the sensor or window. This ColdMOS, or cooled CMOS sensor has an effective pixel array of 1920 x 1080, and does 120FPS at full resolution.
Sony's Exmor R technology results in a back-illuminated CMOS image sensor with improved sensitivity and noise reduction; the key factors to enhancing image quality, while radically realigning fundamental pixel structure from front-illumination to back-illumination. Exmor-R sensors have, however, retained the many advantages attributed to CMOS image sensors, such as low power consumption and high-speed operation.
In sensors with a conventional front-illumination structure, photon gathering that is being carried out by the on-chip lens is impeded by the metal wiring and transistors on the surface of the silicon substrate. A back-illuminated structure increases the amount of light that enters each pixel, because impediments have been moved to the reverse of the silicon substrate.
Sony has also developed a unique photo-diode structure and on-chip lens that has been optimized for back-illuminated structures in order to achieve a higher sensitivity and a lower random noise without light by reducing noise, dark current and defect pixels compared to the conventional front-illuminated structure. Additionally, Sony's advanced technologies, such as high-precision alignment, have addressed any color mixture problems.
The QHY290M comes with a two-stage TEC cooling and temperature regulation system that can cool your camera down to as low as -40C below ambient. QHY has also incorporated anti-dew technology into the QHY290. The CMOS chamber is fully sealed, and includes a silicon gel tube socket as well as a heater to help keep both your sensor and the sensor window dry, even on damp nights.
A built-in 128MB DDRII image buffer provides a safeguard against unexpected drops in data transmission. A frame buffer avoids lost frames during USB transfer by storing image data in the camera itself until it can be safely transmitted. Buffering will also make sure your video runs more smoothly when using a slower computer that cannot always handle high speed data well.
All semiconductors produce a small amount of light when powered up, causing brighter spots in the corners of the sensor where the high gain amplifiers are housed. Amplifier glow is most noticeable during long exposures. The QHY290M camera has an anti-amp light control circuit to reduce amplifier glow significantly. Ports include a 6-pin RJ11 Guide Port and a 4-pin CFW2 Filter Wheel Control Port, allowing you to add an optional autoguider or filter wheel to enhance your imaging experience.
QHY290M Camera Specifications
- Sensor: 2 megapixel Sony IMX290 Back Illuminated CMOS Sensor
- Color or Monochrome: Monochrome
- Effective Pixels: 1920 x 1080
- Pixel Size: 2.9um x 2.9um
- Effective Area: 5.6mm x 3.1mm
- Shutter: Electric Rolling Shutter
- Full Well Capacity: 15ke-
- Output Sample Depth: 8bit/12bit
- On Camera Image Buffer: Yes, 128MB DDRII Buffer
- Cooling: 2-stage TEC, Typical -40 below Ambient, Temperature Regulated
- Power: USB Powered for camera and +12V powered for TEC
- Anti Dew Control: Air Connector for removable silicon gel tube. Heat board for optic window of sealed CCD chamber
- Computer Interface: USB3.0 Super Speed
- Telescope Interface: M42/0.75 & 2inch adapter. Optional C-mount adapter
- Color Wheel Port: 4PIN QHYCFW2 socket
- Guide Port: 6PIN RJ11 Guide Port
- Optic Window: AR+AR
- Weight: 450g/15.87 ounces
- Electric Interface: 12V input with lock, USB3.0 socket, 4PIN QHYCFW, 6PIN RJ11