- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
QHY QHY8Pro One Shot Color CCD Camera - QHY8PRO
QHY has discontinued the QHY8Pro One Shot Color Camera, and we are out of stock. Here is a link to the QHY QHY10 One Shot Color CCD Camera we carry at High Point. Hopefully, you can find a proper replacement in this selection. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to call us at 1-800-266-9590 or send an email, and we will be happy to help you. Thank you!
QHY8Pro One Shot Color Camera
For Deep Space and HyperStar Imaging
- Sony ICX453AQ Color CCD Sensor
- Progressive Scan readout
- 3110 x 2030 pixels
- 7.8um pixels
- Two Stage TEC Cooling to -45C below ambient
- QE is 60% at Green & 50% at Blue and Ha
The QHY8Pro is very similar to the QHY8L but uses a Sony ICX453AQ Super HAD CCD sensor that reads out the image via progressive scan as opposed to the interlaced readout of the QHY8L sensor. The ICX453AQ is a solid-state imaging sensor with 6.15 (effective) megapixels in a 28.40mm diagonal array of 7.8um square pixels. High sensitivity and low dark current are achieved through the adoption of R, G, and B primary color mosaic filters and HAS, or Hole Accumulation Diode, sensors.
Because this APS-C one shot color camera is capable of cooling to -45C below ambient, you can achieve a clean image even when you take longer exposures of 30 minutes to one hour. The small diameter and lightweight design make this camera perfect for HyperStar imaging.
- Optical Format: APS-C
- Chip Size: 25.10 mm x 17.64 mm
- Effective Pixels: 3110 x 2030
- Pixel Size: 7.8um
- Color Method: RGB BAYER film on CCD
- QE: 60% at Green, 50% at Blue and Ha
- Microlensing: Yes
- ABG: -110dB
- Effective Sensor Area: 28.4 diagonal
- Cooling: Two Stage TEC, built-in fan & temperature sensor
- Max Cooling: -45C below ambient
- ADC Resolution: 16 bit
- Readout Noise: 6-10e @ 600 Kpixel/s
- Binning: 1x1, 2x2, 4x4
- USB: 2.0
- Guide Port: ST4 (RJ11 6-pin)
- Power Supply: DC Adapter
- Weight: 14.1 ounces
- Length: 5.07 inches
- Diameter: 2.48 inches