- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
QHY QHY9S Classic 8.3 MP Cooled Monochrome CCD Imaging Camera - QHY9S-M
QHY9 Cooled Mono CCD Astronomy Camera
A classic monochrome imaging camera, the QHY9 uses the extremely popular 8.3 MP KAF-8300 CCD imaging sensor. For its price, this sensor has a comparatively large field of view, as well as respectable QE for deep sky imaging, 56% peak and 48% at the H-alpha wavelength.The QHY9 features two-stage TEC with a typical delta T of -45ºC below ambient. This enables exceptional thermal noise control. The QHY9 provides an extra -20 to -25 degrees of cooling compared to competing models. Even with lengthy exposures taken on hot summer nights, the QHY9 still offers excellent dark current noise reduction. In addition, the round design of the QHY9 model is optimally suited for use in Hyperstar telescopes.
QHY9 Cooled Monochrome CCD Camera Specifications
- CCD Sensor: KAF-8300 full frame monochrome
- Sensor Size: 17.96 mm x 13.52 mm - typical 4/3"
- Resolution: 8.3 MP
- Effective Pixels: 3358 x 2536
- Pixel Size: 5.4 µm x 5.4 µm
- Full Well Capacity: 25,500 e-
- Peak QE: 56% @ 540 nm; 48% @ H-alpha
- Anti-Blooming Gate: 1000x
- ADC: 16-Bit
- Readout Noise: 9e- typical
- Binning Modes: 1x1, 2x2, 3x3, 4x4
- Readout Speed: 3 megapixels per second (3 sec download) for high speed readout; 1 megapixel per second (9 sec download) for normal speed readout
- Computer Interface: USB 2.0
- On-Camera Buffer: 32 MB SDRAM
- Filter Wheel Control Port: Single direction port
- Cooling: Two-stage TEC to -45ºC below ambient typical; -50ºC maximum. Temperature regulated with DC201.
- Shutter: Built-in mechanical
- CCD Window Heater: Yes
- Fully Airproof CCD Chamber: Yes with connector for silicon gel tube socket chamber
- Telescope Interface: M42x0.75
- Weight: 17.9 oz.