- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Skywatcher AZ-EQ5 Multi-Purpose GoTo Mount - S30200
Sky-Watcher AZ-EQ5 GoTo Hybrid Mount
If you’re looking for a medium-capacity telescope mount that operates as either an alt-azimuth or equatorial mount, has the ability to handle two telescopes at once, and offers GoTo capabilities with a huge celestial object database, you will definitely want to consider the Sky-Watcher AZ-EQ5.
A hybrid telescope mount is so flexible. When doing visual work, set it up in Alt-Azimuth mode. If you are doing outreach at a school or want to share your views at a star party, the SW AZ-EQ5 comes with a secondary V-style mounting saddle so that you can mount two telescopes…one on each side of the mount! When you are ready to do some astrophotography, simply switch over to Equatorial mode. Features like Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PPEC), low backlash and +/- 5 arc seconds of native periodic error supports your imaging pursuits, and the built-in GoTo capabilities, complete with SynScan controller and a 42,900 object database helps you find and track the object of your and SynScan Hand Control, many commercially available planetarium software programs can be used to control the AZ-EQ5 mount.
The Sky-Watcher AZ-EQ5 mount has a weight capacity of 30 pounds, but it is very portable, weighing only 16.9 lb. Two 7.5 lb. counterweights are part of the AZ-EQ5 package, and additional counterweights are available optionally should you require them. A counterweight shaft extension is also included, and as you can see from the pictures, provides a place for cords to go so they do not become entangled in the mount as it slews from place to place. The steel adjustable height tripod is sturdy and offers good support for the AZ-EQ5 mount.
SkyWatcher USA AZ-EQ5 Hybrid Mount Features
- German Equatorial/Alt-Az/dual OTA mode
- 30 Pound Payload Capacity
- Permanent periodic error correction (PPEC). PPEC can be trained with autoguider or PC
- Belt drive – Super smooth PE curve. Low backlash, silent slewing
- +/- 5 arc seconds native periodic error
- Dual shutter release control for batch exposures of astrophotography
- Motor controller with high torque and accuracy
- Includes two V-style saddles for mounting dual OTAs
- Secure-fit power supply connections
- Polar alignment with optional polarscope
- Primary axis encoder tracks the mount’s position. Users can push the mount at any time without worrying about losing the mount’s alignment
- SynScan hand controller with 42,000 object database
- Counterweight extension bar included
- Retractable counterweight bar
- Includes two 7.5 pound counterweights
- DC Power Cord
- Steel adjustable leg tripod with spiked feet
SkyWatcher SynScan Specifications
- Driving Resolution: Approximately 0.14 arc seconds
- DSLR Electronic Shutter Release Port : Yes
- Autoguider Port: Yes
- PEC control in EQ mode
- Polar Alignment : via software control or optional polar scope
- Alignment methods: 1, 2, or 3 star alignment (EQ) / brightest star or 2 star alignment (AZ)
- Telescope Connection: 2 x V-style saddle plates included
- RA/DEC Worm Gears: D=92.5mm, 180 teeth, brass
- RA/DEC Axes: D=40mm, steel
- Latitude Adjustment Range: 0º to 90º
- Azimuth Adjustment Range: About ± 9º