- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Sky-Watcher EQ8-R Pro GoTo Equatorial Mount with Pier Tripod - S30601
Sky-Watcher EQ8-R Pro GoTo Equatorial Mount
with 110-Pound Weight Capacity!
Pre-Order Now for Earliest Delivery in Late Nov/Early Dec!
The Skywatcher EQ8-R Pro mount offers professional level performance at a significantly lower price than other mounts offering the same weight capacity and build quality. With features like all-metal internal construction, belt drives on the RA and DEC axis, built-in USB 3.0 hub and plenty of power and serial ports, an integrated cable management system, SynScan computerized GoTo system, and more, the Sky-Watcher EQ8-R Pro might just be your answer to the perfect mount for serious imaging and precision visual work! Highlights of this version of the Sky-Watcher EQ8-R equatorial mount include:
Allows for 110 lb. (50 kg) Payload
Go ahead, load up your biggest OTA on this heavy-duty mount! There is plenty of capacity for a large telescope plus a plethora of imaging equipment. The EQ8-R Pro comes with two (2) 22-pound counterweights, but if you need more, extras are available separately.
Dual Belt Drives
A peacefully quiet and accurate belt drive on both the RA and DEC axis assure you'll enjoy precision tracking and guiding while also seeing a reduction in periodic error when compared to more conventional drive systems.
Cable Management System
The EQ8-R does not skimp on ports! There are four (4) USB 3.0 ports, three (3) 2.1mm power out ports and three (3) AUX serial ports. The integrated cable management system helps eliminate the drag of cable drag and reduces the chance of a cable snag.
Motor Drive System
The Sky-Watcher EQ8-R Pro mount comes with a 0.9-degree hybrid stepper motor and offers a multitude of slew speeds. You'll be able to go horizon to horizon 1000x sidereal rate or center objects a 1x snail's pace.
SynScan GoTo Control & Alignment
Alignment & computerized GoTo on the EQ8-R is managed by a flash upgradeable SynScan hand controller. It offers one, two, or three star alignment procedures as well as a database of 42,900 objects that include the complete Messier, NGC, IC and SAO catalogs and can store 25 user-defined objects.
Heavy-Duty Pier Tripod
This version of the EQ8-R comes with an all metal pier tripod with legs that are 2.36 inches in diameter. The tripod and mount together have a minimum height of 49.75 inches and a maximum height of 58.625". This sturdy pier tripod comes with 3 leveling pads that add a little over 3"-4" to the minimum height of your system.
Sky-Watcher EQ8-R Pro Specifications
- Mount Type: High capacity motorized equatorial
- Tripod: Heavy-duty pier tripod
- Power Requirements: DC11 ~ 16V @ 3 amps
- Motor Drive: 0.9-degree hybrid stepper motor
- Slew Speeds: 1000x, 800x, 600x, 400x, 200x, 32x, 16x, 8x, 2x, 1x
- Tracking Modes: Equatorial
- Alignment: One, two or three star alignment
- Hand Control: SynScan hand controller, flash upgradeable, or PC direct
- Database: 42,900 objects
- USB 3.0 Ports: Four
- 2.1mm Power Ports: Three
- Serial Connections: Three
- Dovetail Compatibility: D (Losmandy Style)
- Latitude Range: 10 - 65 degrees
- Mount Weight: 56.8 pounds
- Tripod Weight: 64.8 pounds
- Counterweights: 2 @ 22 pounds each
- Payload Capacity: 110 pounds
Sky-Watcher Pier-Tripod Specifications
- Head Height (head by itself): 19.5"
- Tripod Leg diameter: 2.36"
- Mount w/ tripod max height: 58.625
- Mount w/ tripod min height: 49.75"
- Tripod max height (no head): 39.125"
- Tripod min height (no head): 30.25"
- Leveling Pads: 3.125" minimum height
- Leveling Pads: 4" max height