- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Coronado 70mm SolarMax III Solar Telescope - BF10 - 324003
Coronado 70 SolarMax III Solar Telescope
with RichView Tuning & 10 mm Blocking Filter
The Coronado 70 mm SolarMax III Hydrogen-Alpha Solar Telescope is the latest addition to the famous Coronado SolarMax line-up! The 70mm refractor has a 400mm focal length and an f/ratio of 5.7. It is equipped with a 60mm external hydrogen-alpha etalon, providing higher contrast and sharper features than a solar scope fitted with a smaller internal etalon. The external etalon works in conjunction with a 10mm blocking filter situated in a 1.25" star diagonal. Together, the tunable external etalon and the blocking filter produce a < 0.7 Angstrom passband which yields an optimal balance of prominence and surface detail.
Tuning of the etalon is achieved with Coronado's patented RichView Tuning. The revolutionary RichView™ tuning method allows you to zero in on the most precise wavelength of light for each area on either side of the hydrogen-alpha (Ha) band, providing the highest contrast views of active regions, flares, filaments and other surface features. With RichView you can also retune the SolarMax III quickly and easily for spectacular images of prominences on the solar limb. No other commercially available Ha telescope provides the tuning range and accuracy of the SolarMax III.
The 70mm SolarMax III is a beautiful instrument, just like all the Coronado SolarMax telescopes. The polished brass and black anodized components complement each other very well, giving the scope a timeless, classy look. The focuser on the SolarMax III is a 2" rack and pinion model that has dual-speed 10:1 focusing. The ability to make both coarse and fine focus changes will definitely enhance your viewing pleasure.
You can mount the 70mm SolarMax III Solar Telescope on any sturdy mount that accepts a Vixen-Style dovetail. If you plan to do solar photography we recommend a more substantial mount. Give us a shout if you'd like help choosing a mount, imaging camera, or anything else that you might need to make this the perfect solar set-up!
The Coronado 70 SolarMax III Solar Telescope Includes:
- Coronado SolarMax III 70 Solar Telescope
- Coronado 10 mm Blocking Filter
- Coronado Mounting Rings with Vixen-Style Dovetail Rail
- Coronado Cemax 18 mm Eyepiece
- Coronado Sol Ranger Solar Finder
- Coronado Hard Carrying Case
- Five Year Warranty from Coronado and Life Time Tech Support from High Point Scientific
Coronado SolarMax 70 III Specifications:
- Optical Tube: 70mm Achromatic Refractor
- Focal Length: 400mm
- Focal Ratio: 5.7
- Optical Coatings: Fully Multi-Coated
- Solar Filter: 60mm External H-Alpha Etalon
- Tuning: RichView Tuning
- Bandwidth: <0.7A
- Thermal Stability: 0.005 A/Cº
- Blocking Filter Diagonal: 10mm
- Blocking: Full blocking >10-5 from EUV to far IR
- Eyepiece: 18mm Cemax - 1.25"
- Solar Viewfinder: Sol Ranger
- Focuser: 2" Dual Speed Rack & Pinion with 10:1 Fine Focus
- Dovetail Rail: Vixen-style
- Hard Carry Case: Included
- Dimensions: 16.3" L x 5.9" W x 5.5" H
- Weight: 7.6 lb.