- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Lunt 80mm H-Alpha Telescope with DSII Internal Double Stacking Module - Choose Blocking Filter & Focuser
Lunt Solar 80 mm H-Alpha Pressure Tuned Telescopewith DSII Internal Double-Stacking Module
The Lunt LS80THa Solar Telescope provides all that you need for spectacular views of our Sun at a bandpass of <0.7 Angstrom. It is a precision-aligned ED refractor with a fully unobstructed 80 mm optical aperture. When the included Internal Double Stacking Module is installed, it will reduce the effective bandpass down to <0.5 Angstrom. This provides extra resolution and improved contrast of many solar details and phenomena. The DSII eliminates the need for an external double stack etalon, reducing cost and eliminating obstructions. The system is 100% unobstructed.
All Lunt Solar Systems LS80THA H-Alpha Telescopes include pressure tuning, as does the DSII internal double-stacking module. True Doppler Tuning (Pressure Tuning) allows for a shift into and away from the user, adding a 3D-like component to the viewing experience. While it has minimal effect on proms due to their being at the edge of the disk, it does have an effect on filaments and active regions on the surface. While looking at a filament at the center of the Sun the user has the ability to Doppler shift from the base of the filament to the tip, following the filament through it’s structure toward you and away from you, allowing for enhanced visual and imaging capability for the observer as well as a research tool for the avid hobbyist. The pressure tuning system provides an order of magnitude more precision to the tuning of the desired features.
Lunt LS80THA-DSII Telescope Specifications:
- Telescope: Single Interference Etalon Solar Telescope
- Tuning: Internal Pressure Tune (Doppler True Tuning) for Telescope & DSII
- Scope Aperture: 80 mm
- Focal Length: 560 mm
- F Ratio: F/7
- Bandpass: <0.5 Angstrom @ 656 nm
- Focuser: 2" Crayford or 2" Feather Touch (Choose from Dropdown)
- Blocking Filter: B1200 or B1800 (Choose from Dropdown)
- Mounting: Integrated clamshell style with 1/4-20 tapped base
- Includes a Lunt Dovetail Bar for mounting
- Color: Pearl White with Black and Red accents
- Includes Lunt DSII Double-Stacking Module
- Includes a Sol Searcher solar finder
- Includes a hard carrying case
- Includes a Lunt Zoom Eyepiece (model LS7-21ZE)
- Includes dust cap
About Your Drop-Down Choices:
The base model of the LS80THA-DSII comes with a 12mm Blocking Filter (B1200) and a Lunt 2" Crayford Style 10:1 Dual Speed Focuser. The B1200 blocking filter provides a ~4.5mm image when used with this solar scope and is a good choice if you are going to be using the scope visually. The Lunt focuser is solid and stable for most any application, has 10:1 dual focus knobs and an etched focusing scale on the draw tube to visually guide you to the best focus quickly. If that sounds good to you, just choose the first option (12mm Blocking Filter with 2" Crayford Focuser) and your price will remain as shown.
If you would like to upgrade to the Starlight Instruments 2" Feather Touch Focuser and/or the B1800 (18mm) Blocking Filter, just pick from the remaining choices in the drop-down. The B1800 is a worthy upgrade if you will be doing photography through the scope or you want a wider field of view visually. A Starlight Feather Touch focuser is always a nice upgrade! Either focuser should perform well but if you plan to ride heavy loads off the focuser then perhaps you should consider the Feather Touch, which can handle up to 5.5 pounds. The price of the telescope package will adjust depending on the blocking filter and focuser you choose.
Feel free to contact HPS via chat, phone or email to have us check stock status on the telescope configuration you wish to order. We would be happy to help.