- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Lunt Solar Internal Double Stacking module - Pressure Tuned - for LS80THa - LS80Ha/PT/DSII
Lunt Solar Internal Double Stacking module - Pressure Tuned - for LS80THa
The LS80Ha/PT/DSII from Lunt Solar Systems is an internal Double Stacking module intended for use in the Lunt LS80THa solar telescope to reduce the bandpass to < 0.5 Angstrom.
Lunt Solar Internal Double Stacking module - Pressure Tuned - for LS80THa Features:
- A Narrow Band Hydrogen-alpha Etalon Filter
- An internal Etalon with a Pressure Tuner yields a bandpass of <0.5 Angstrom when installed in a Lunt Solar LS80THa solar telescope
More About the Lunt Solar Internal Double Stacking module - Pressure Tuned
The excitement of viewing our Star through a dedicated solar telescope is sure to provide many many hours of visual enjoyment and educational insights. This package is fully upgradeable at any time without ever having to go back to the factory. As the Sun becomes increasingly more active, you will appreciate that the instrument can grow right along with it.
The Lunt LS80THa Solar Telescope, complete with a Pressure Tuner, provides the basic essentials perfect for a first time introduction to solar observing, while also including the newest technology for fine tuning. When this Internal Double Stacking Module from Lunt Solar is installed in your existing scope, it will reduce the effective bandpass of the solar scope down to < 0.5 Angstrom. This provides extra resolution and improved contrast of many solar details and phenomena.
True Doppler Tuning (Pressure Tuning) allows for a shift into and away from the user, adding a 3D-like component to the viewing experience. While it has minimal effect on proms due to their being at the edge of the disk, it does have an effect on filaments and active regions on the surface. While looking at a filament at the center of the Sun the user has the ability to Doppler shift from the base of the filament to the tip, following the filament through it’s structure toward you and away from you, allowing for enhanced visual and imaging capability for the observer as well as a research tool for the avid hobbyist. The pressure tuning system provides an order of magnitude more precision to the tuning of the desired features.
This product must be used in a Lunt Solar LS80THa telescope system and it cannot be used as a solar filter by itself! Do NOT attempt to use this product as a filter for observing the Sun in a stand-alone configuration!
Note: Your product may look slightly different from that shown in the accompanying photo!