- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Lunt Solar Systems 60 mm H-Alpha Solar Telescope with Tilt-Tuning - Choose Your Blocking Filter & Focuser
Lunt 60mm H-Alpha Tilt-Tuned Solar Telescope
The Lunt LS60THa Telescope is a Hydrogen-Alpha, or Ha, Solar Telescope. The refractor based system has a precision aligned singlet chromatic lens with a 60 mm aperture. The front singlet lens reduces by half the stray light of an achromat. It fully eliminates the possibility for on-axis coma, astigmatism, as well as de-centering aberrations, and with the matched collimation lens set, provides a full spherically-corrected flat-field solar telescope. An internal etalon allows for a <0.7 Angstrom bandpass with the supplied tilt tuning mechanism.
- Optical Aperture: 60 mm
- Etalon: Internal <0.7 Angstrom
- Tuning: Tilt
- Focal Length: 500 mm
- F Ratio: 8.3
- Focuser: 2″ Crayford with 10:1 fine adjustment or 2″ Feather Touch with 10:1 (Choose from Options drop-down)
- Blocking Filter: B600 or B1200 (Choose from Options drop-down)
- Mounting: Integrated clamshell style with 1/4-20 tapped base
- Storage: Aluminum finished hard case with fitted foam
- Weight: 6 lb
About Your Drop-Down Choices:
The base model of the LS60THa comes with a 6mm Blocking Filter (B600) and a Lunt 2" Crayford Style 10:1 Dual Speed Focuser. The B600 blocking filter provides a ~4.5mm image when used with this solar scope and is a good choice if you are going to be using the scope visually. The Lunt focuser is solid and stable for most any application, has 10:1 dual focus knobs and an etched focusing scale on the draw tube to visually guide you to the best focus quickly. If that sounds good to you, just choose the first option (6mm Blocking Filter with 2" Crayford Focuser) and your price will remain as shown.
If you would like to upgrade to the Starlight Instruments 2" Feather Touch Focuser and/or the B1200 (12mm) Blocking Filter, just pick from the remaining choices in the drop-down. The B1200 is a worthy upgrade if you will be doing photography through the scope or you want a wider field of view visually. A Starlight Feather Touch focuser is always a nice upgrade! Either focuser should perform well but if you plan to ride heavy loads off the focuser then perhaps you should consider the Feather Touch, which can handle up to 5.5 pounds. The price of the telescope package will adjust depending on the blocking filter and focuser you choose.
Feel free to contact HPS via chat, phone or email to have us check stock status on the telescope configuration you wish to order. We would be happy to help.