Solar Filters & Telescopes
- Using this Sol-Searcher Solar finder means you can find the Sun safely by looking at it, and not through it.
- The aperture "pinhole" projects an image of the Sun on to a 1/4" translucent "screen."
- Once the Sun is centered on the screen, it will be centered in the scope.
- The Tele Vue Sol-Searcher Solar Finder attached to the mount ring slot of every Tele Vue telescope.
- The Sol Ranger helps locate the sun quickly within a SolarMax telescope.
- Coronado's Sol Rnager casts a beam of light onto an opaque glass viewer when the sun is in the main scope's FOV.
- This Sol Ranger connects to the Coronado SolarMax's clamshell.
- The Sol Ranger's dimensions are as follows: 3.3" x 1.0" (85 mm x 25 mm) W x H.
- This finderscope has a 50 mm objective lens and 9x magnification.
- Orion's finder scope bracket fits most Orion telescopes.
- Aiming the finderscope is easy with correct left-to-right and top-to-bottom image.
- Included with this finderscope is a right-angle 9x eyepiece.
- This alt-azimuth mount automatically tracks the Sun and its movement through the sky.
- Included with this Orion Solar Tracking mount is a built-in GPS and a CCD sensor.
- The Orion altazimuth mount is for solar use only.
- Eight AA batteries are needed to power the Solar Tracking mount.
The #1 Source for Solar Telescopes & Solar Filters Online
Our assortment of solar gear includes something for everyone. When you want something as simple as solar eclipse glasses or something as advanced as an h-alpha solar imaging system, we’ve got you covered! Our solar experts are standing by to help you find the solar filters for telescopes and solar telescopes you need. Order the telescope solar filters you need online at High Point Scientific.
We offer an assortment of solar viewing accessories to suit your needs. Whether you are a seasoned solar astronomer or would like to gaze upon a solar eclipse for the first time, we have you covered. Solar glasses are the most popular solar viewing accessory among amateur enthusiasts. They are inexpensive and come in cardboard or plastic for reinforced durability. High Point Scientific carries many accessories to outfit your nighttime viewing telescope for solar observations, including filters, wedges, eyepieces, and even solar film, so you can customize your own equipment.
You can outfit your solar telescope with two kinds of solar filters: white light or hydrogen-alpha. Accessories with white light filters transmit the entire visible spectrum of light but restrict it to a level that makes observing safe. H-alpha filters, on the other hand, transmit only the H-alpha line of light from the visible spectrum. H-alpha filters tend to produce more clear, detailed images and are a favorite among astrophotographers.