- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
DayStar Gemini Quark Solar Filter Eyepiece - DSZ4G
DayStar Gemini Quark Solar Filter Eyepiece
This DayStar Solar Filter Eyepiece is made to work with refracting telescopes, particularly those with focal ratios of f/4 to f/8.
The Gemini Quark combines the functions of the narrow Chromosphere Quark and the wide Prominences Quark into one! With both of these in the same housing unit, there is no need for equipment swapping or refocusing.
To use the Gemini, all you have to do is push the slider arm to either side. Moving to one side will show the broad-stroked prominences that have a wider bandpass, and the other side will show the higher contrasts that come with the narrow bandpass.
- Elements: 2 Fabry Perot Etalon elements
- Etalons: Pair of Narrower (<0.5Å FWHM) and Wider (>0.6Å FWHM), Independently Tuneable
- Eyepiece Compatibility: Male combo 1.25" or 2.0" Combo Eyepiece Snouts and Standard 1.25" Female Eyepiece Drawtube Output
- USB Compatibility: USB power, 5v 2.0amp
- Wing Shifting: Two tuning knobs allow wing shifting +/- 0.5Å with detents at every 0.1Å
- Barlow: Integrated, fully baffled 2 element telecentric 4.2X, optimized for 656nm
- Filter: Integrated 12mm blocking filter, 22mm clear filter aperture
- Refracting Telescope Compatibility: f/4 - f/8 refractors with full disk viewing possible on refractors up to about 450mm in focal length, though it has no aperture limitations and can be used on larger refractors for higher magnification views.