- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
DayStar Quark Chromosphere Filter for Nikon Cameras - DSZTNC
DayStar Camera Quark Nikon Chromosphere Filter
The DayStar Camera Quark will convert a Nikon lens to an H-Alpha telescope! This Quark is tuned to optimize the chromosphere...a model optimized for prominences is also available separately.
As you can see from the pictures to your left, the DayStar Camera Quark can be used between a Nikon lens and camera body or the camera lens and a diagonal with an eyepiece. This allows you to do solar observing in Hydrogen-Alpha visually or photographically. Use the zoom features of a camera lens to explore wide field to high power views without changing your set-up or telescope configuration. The DayStar Nikon Camera Quark is also compatible with other DayStar Quark accessories. This product does not come with a camera lens, camera, diagonal or eyepiece.
The Camera Quark contains a custom Daystar Instruments 4.2X telecentric Barlow teleconverter lens that has been fully optimized in coatings and optical design for the Hydrogen Alpha wavelength. This highly specialized telecentric lens offers superior field flatness.
DayStar Camera Quark Highlights
- This Camera Quark includes a Nikon bayonet mount for snap-lock mounting to a user-provided Nikon lens
- For the camera side, you will receive a Nikon camera body adapter
- Requires USB power, 5v 1.5amp
- Includes a reversible combination lens foot with 1/4-20 tripod holes and standard Vixen-style dovetail mount
- Includes 90-240VAC wall adapter with international plug adapters
- Includes additional focal extender spacer ring to ensure compatibility with a wide variety of lenses.
- Includes a 1.25" draw tube adapter
- A built-in tuning knob allows wing shifting +/- 0.5Å with detents at every 0.1Å
- LED indicator for power, warming, ready, fault.
- 5 year warranty
- Optional 8-hour battery pack available.
- Integrated, fully baffled telecentric 4.2X teleconverter (Barlow) optimized for 656nm
- Full disk viewing possible on lenses up to ~450mm focal length
- Ships in convenient Twist-Case for safe, dust-free storage.
- Daystar recommends use of red, orange or yellow colored glass lens front filters such as Cokin, Hoya brand, etc or similar on lenses above 80mm in aperture
- Focus and clearances not guaranteed for 100% of lenses.
- Does not support auto-focus or electronic aperture control. No electronic pass-through.