- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Starizona MicroTouch Shuttle Compact Controller - Choose Motor - MTS
Starizona MicroTouch Shuttle Compact Controller
Choose Your Motor Above
Are you looking for an autofocus system for your Feather Touch focuser but like the idea of a more compact, streamlined controller? The MicroTouch AutoFocuser by Starizona allows autofocusing of a CCD camera when interfaced with a computer via USB, but this version includes the MicroTouch Shuttle, which is the smaller option for the system's control box. With no dimension larger than 2.8" (as opposed to 6.25" for the standard controller), the Shuttle is easy to hold, making it great for amateur astronomers who use the MicroTouch auto-focuser for visual work as well as astrophotography.
In order to make it so compact, the MicroTouch Shuttle does not have an LCD display, but that is not a deal-breaker for most people since focuser position is usually followed on the computer screen. LED lights indicate when the focus motor is moving as well as the power status. What the Shuttle does have is a built-in rechargeable battery that can easily run all night on a single charge! That means no power cord to get in the way during hand-held use. If you do want to get your power from an external source, the MicroTouch Shuttle comes with an AC charger.
IMPORTANT: Choose your motor from the drop-down above. It is included in the price of your MicroTouch Shuttle unless you want a Direct Drive motor, which will add to your cost. There are several motors to choose from, including Sky-Watcher, Stellarvue, the Takahashi FSQ, and more.
If you already have a motor because you bought another version of the MicroTouch, you can buy the Shuttle without a motor for $200 less. Choose "No Thanks, I already have a motor" from the drop-down. Now, a few notes about the choice of motor:
- Choose the 3.5" Motor for 3.5" Feathertouch focusers or Astro-Physics 4.0" retrofits.
- Choose a Direct Drive upgrade for a zero-slip motor for heavy payloads on the 3.0" and 3.5" Feathertouch or TEC focusers.
- Choose the Low-Profile Motor for 2" Feathertouch Focusers or SCT MicroFocusers (except the old-style C14).
- For the old-style C14, choose the Original Style 2.0" Motor.
- Choose the 2.5"/2.7"/3.0" Motor for 2.5" and 3.0" Feathertouch focusers or Astro-Physics 2.7" retrofits.
- The sizes listed on the Stellarvue motor options refers to the diameter of the mounting collar on the focuser that the motor attaches to. Most of the new 2.5" and larger focusers have the 33mm diameter collar. But the older scopes vary, so please check your focuser to see which size you have. The collar is the steel part that holds the ball bearings and is exposed once the focus knobs are removed from the focuser.