- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Starlight 3" Feather Touch Rack & Pinion Focuser with 1.5" DTT for GSO/RC Telescopes - FTF3015-40
Starlight 3” Rack & Pinion Feather Touch Focuser
with 1.5” Draw Tube Travel, 2" End Cap & GSO RC Telescope Collar
The Starlight Instruments Feather Touch focusers are one of the highest quality focusing mechanisms available to the amateur astronomer today. While they cost more than many focusers on the market, upgrading your GSO stock focuser with a Starlight Feather Touch will be worth it, and with care, it should last a lifetime! You will enjoy a focuser that produces virtually zero backlash and provides a smooth, effortless focusing experience. Feather Touch focusers are designed to hold those big 2" eyepieces, or CCD camera/filter wheel imaging set-ups. They are strong and beautifully machined out of quality materials that are well suited to the rigors of astronomy.
The Starlight FTF3015 3" Feather Touch Focuser is built to handle heavier loads, with a lifting capacity of 13 - 15 pounds. Graduated markings on the draw tube make it easy to find that "sweet spot" again and again. There is an internal brake built into the system to allow you to control the drag on draw tube movement. This focuser is so smooth, you may just have to put on the brake a little bit to keep the draw tube from gliding on its own! Luckily, the glide factor is easy to adjust with the integral brake. The Starlight 3" dual speed focuser comes with an integrated Teflon Coupled Collar that is made to fit RC telescopes (10", 12" & 16" models) on the scope side and a 3" to 2" Compression Ring End Cap for the draw tube. There is also a slot to accept a finderscope.
Dual Speed 10:1 Fine Focus: Starlight Instruments is the original developer of the fine focus reduction unit, an assembly that allows for very accurate, fine focus at a 10:1 ratio. Course focus is achieved with the larger of the two focus knobs, and precise focus is accomplished by turning the smaller knob.
Internal Brake System: The focuser brake controls the “drag” on the draw tube, allowing the user to gradually increase the friction between the draw tube and the pinion. Adjusting the drag helps prevent any downward motion of the focuser caused by that pesky thing called gravity. The brake in this Starlight Feather Touch focuser consists of an internal leveraged leaf spring that is tightened with a thumbscrew. This thumbscrew is also used to lock the pinion shaft. Feather Touch focusers without the internal brake option use a thumbscrew alone to help control drag, which offers less range than the the addition of a leveraged leaf spring.
A30-1903-40 3" Adapter for RC 10/12/16" Telescopes: This 3” Rack & Pinion focuser comes with a M117X1 integrated adapter for your GSO or other Ritchey-Chretien telescope.
2” Compression Ring End Cap: A 3” to 2” Compression Ring End Cap is included with this 3” focuser. It reduces the opening to allow the use of 2” eyepieces or accessories. Many astronomers prefer a compression ring system, since it operates by pressing against the eyepiece or accessory barrel along the entire diameter of the brass ring. This makes for a more secure fit.
Starlight 3” Feather Touch Focuser 3015-40 Specifications
- Model Number: FTF3015-40
- Focuser Size: 3”
- Draw Tube Travel (DTT): 1.5” or 38.10 mm
- Thread on Draw Tube Side: M75x1 Female Thread
- Thread on Scope Side: M109x1 Male Thread
- Lifting Capacity: 13-15 pounds
- Reduction Ratio: 10:1
- Draw Tube Drive Mechanism: Rack & Pinion
- Compression Ring End Cap: Yes, 3" to 2"
- Integral Teflon Coupled Collar: Yes, M117X1 for GSO RC Scopes
- Internal Brake: Yes
- Finderscope Hole Thread Dimension: 8-32
- Racked In from Mounting Face: 3.672" or 93.27 mm
- Racked Out from Mounting Face: 5.368" or 136.35 mm