- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Stellarvue 0.8X Reducer & Flattener for SV80A Access - SFFR80A
More On The Way
Regularly stocked item that is on order with the manufacturer and on its way to our warehouse. Expected to arrive within 5-10 business days.
One of the many benefits to becoming a customer of High Point Scientific is that you receive Unlimited Tech Support on all of the products you purchase from us. We understand that many of our products are technical in nature and require support. Rest assured that our team of Telescope and Telescope Accessory experts will be standing by (800.266.9590) to support you for as long as you own one of our products!
Stellarvue 0.8X Reducer/Flattener
for SV80A Access Refractor
The Stellarvue SFFR80A is a 2” Field Flattener with 0.8X focal reduction - it reduces the f/7 focal ratio of the 80mm Access to f/5.6, and produces an effective focal length of 448mm. This heavy-duty 0.8X reducer/flattener is built to work specifically with the Stellarvue SV80A Access, which is a doublet, and will not work with the SV80ST triplet. It accepts standard 2" filters, and if you need spacers for CCD imaging, you can use those with 42mm filter threads.
The Stellarvue SV80A Focal Reducer/Field Flattener slips into the telescope's 2” focuser. Take a look at the additional images and you will see examples that show you how to use a DSLR or CCD camera with the flattener/reducer. A DSLR camera with its camera-specific t-ring has 55 mm of back focus, which matches the back focus of the SFFR80A. This allows you to simply screw the flattener/reducer onto the camera with t-ring installed, and then slide the other end into the focuser.
Using the Stellarvue flattener/reducer with a CCD camera is still simple, but since the back focus varies depending on the CCD camera model, M42 x .75 extension tubes or spacer rings may need to be used to make sure the back focus (distance from the back of the flattener to the sensor) matches that of the flattener/reducer (55 mm).
Optical Modifier or Adapter
Optical Modifier or Adapter
|Stellarvue 2 Years|
- 0.8X Reducer & Flattener