- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astrodon Gen2 E-Series LRGB Tru-Balance Filter Set - 49.7 mm Square Unmounted - LRGB2-E50S
About Astrodon Gen2 LRGB Filters
Astrodon filters are high performing, durable filters that provide significant aid for astrophotography and research pursuits. Each filter is constructed using a highly innovative process with a single high quality 3 mm thick fused silica substrate and full hard oxide sputtered coatings. Ideally suited for back-thinned and Sony detectors, Astrodon LRGB filters simplify imaging by requiring only a single exposure time, plus one corresponding dark exposure, rather than one for each color. This saves valuable imaging time and results in improved color separation and "Tru" color balance.
Astrodon 49.7 mm Square Gen2 E-Series LRGB Filter Set
Expressly designed for cameras incorporating full frame sensors like the KAF8300, KAF3200, KAF6303, and KAF16803, Astrodon E-Series Gen2 LRGB filters are also an excellent option for use with the latest Sony and back-thinned sensor or for any Progressive Scan sensor, Front or Back Illuminated.Astrodon LRGB Gen2 E-Series Tru-Balance Filters have revolutionized CCD imaging. Their popularity is due to their ease-of-use, high optical throughput and great resulting colors for galaxies, star clusters and nebulae. With these Astrodon E-Series LRGB filters, the flux of red-sensitive full-frame CCD detectors is approximately equalized with included compensation for the solar photon flux. This results in roughly 1:1:1 RGB color combine weights to within maybe 10% for exposures of equal length. Although perfection can never be fully attained, this simplifies imaging by requiring only a single exposure time for all RGB data and therefore, only a single equivalent dark exposure time, saving valuable imaging time. The Astrodon E-Series red filter is a deep red filter about 60 nm wide, which excludes much of the light pollution caused by high pressure sodium street lamps. Other filter suppliers try to “force fit” their orange filter (designed for the interline KAI11000, KAI2000 sensors) for use with these full-frame sensors. Their orange filter is about twice as wide spectrally as Astrodon's deep red filter. As a result, their orange filter tends to “wash out” HII regions in galaxies and detail in nebula. Their blue and green color weights are no longer balanced and as a result, the OIII color in planetary nebula is skewed strongly toward blue, rather than the correct teal color. This is why Astrodon designed their E- and I-Series filters for these different classes of cameras to produce optimum results.
Astrodon 49.7 mm Square Gen2 E-Series LRGB Filter Highlights
- Set includes Luminance (colorless with UV and NIR blocking), as well as Red, Green, and Blue filters
- 49.7 mm square unmounted
- 3 +/-0.025 mm single 1/4 wave fused silica substrate before coating
- 30 arcsecond parallelism
- Approximately equal color combine weights for G2V white-point for Full-Frame (E) detectors
- Equal RGB exposures with one corresponding dark exposure time
- Improved color separation (see transmission spectra)
- Improved color rendition for color theory based galaxies
- Virtually eliminates reflections and star halos
- Narrower red (instead of orange) filter enhances contrast for HII regions
- Spectral "gap" between green and red filters minimizes the impact of light pollution from sources such as high pressure sodium street lamps
- Maximum efficiency blue filter with lower UV
- Correct "teal" OIII color for planetary nebulae (OIII signal over 97% in blue and green)
- Parfocal with both Astrodon's high performing narrowband and near-infrared Luminance filters
- Features solid, ultra-hard edge-to-edge sputtered coatings
- Proudly manufactured in the USA
Astrodon E-Series vs. I-Series LRGB Tru-Balance Filters
The sensor your camera uses determines whether you need the I-Series LRGB filter set or the E-Series LRGB filter set. Cameras with Progressive Scan sensors (including front as well as back illuminated sensors) are compatible with E-Series filters, while cameras with Interline Transfer sensors are compatible with I-Series filters. Identifying the type of sensor your camera uses is not always an easy task. This information is frequently missing from both the specification and the manual. Therefore you may need to check with the sensor manufacturer. If you still can't identify the type of sensor employed by your camera, it is best to use the E-Series filter set.
Image depicts round, mounted filters. The filters you will receive will be square and unmounted.