- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik CLS CCD Light Pollution Filter - T-Mount - CLSCCD-T
Astronomik CLS-CCD Light Pollution Filter - T-Mount
- Eliminates that irritating orange glare caused by light pollution in heavily populated areas by blocking mercury and sodium-vapor spectral lines and allowing the largest portion of visible light and H-alpha emissions to pass
- See more stars and nebula detail with this Astronomik CLS-CCD Filter
- A useful filter for observing deep sky objects as well as for black & white film photography and DSLR or CCD applications with telescopes or photo lenses of any aperture with a f/3 and above focal ratio
- Manufactured in a round, T-Mount format for convenient use with telescopes
- The Astronomik CLS CCD Filter allows close to 100% transmission from 450 nm to 530 nm which encompasses the visible light and h-alpha spectral areas
- The impacts of scratching, aging, and high humidity are reduced by multi-layer coatings, standard on all Astronomik filters
- Made in Germany, a country noted for producing optics of high quality!
More About the Astronomik CLS-CCD T-Thread Filter
Since DSLR Cameras have been remodeled for astronomical use, they can now accommodate CLS-CCD Filters in severe light-polluted conditions. The contrast between celestial objects and the background is greatly enhanced with this filter. Compared with UHC filters, the CLS-CCD has a wider transmission curve, allowing more light to be tranmitted, making stars appear less dimmed. The Astronomik CLS-CCD T-Mount Filter has been optimized to block as much artificial light as possible while, at the same time, yielding the best performance for approved wavelengths.
An excellent choice for DSLR, CCD, black & white film photography, and deep sky observation, this Astronomik CLS-CCD Filter blocks unwanted light and permits desirable visual and h-alpha emissions to pass. Thus, the CLS-CCD Filter eliminates most surrounding light pollution, getting rid of that annoying orange glow. This filter completely cuts off emission lines from artificial light sources such as mercury and sodium-vapor from streetlights as well as airglow. Optimized for use with telescopes of any aperture.
The Astronomik CLS-CCD Light Pollution Filter offers more convenient Double Star resolution. If you want to produce color images from emission line data, this filter is a great option for the Luminance channel. As with all Astronomik filters, the CLS-CCD is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters. It has a thickness of only 1 mm and is extremely resistant to scratching as well as the effects of aging and high humidity. Plus, this filter is diffraction limited and will not lessen your telescope's optical efficiency. All Astronomik filters come with a long-lasting plastic storage container of superior quality.
- 92% transmission at 486 nm (H-beta)
- 92% transmission at 496 nm (OIII)
- 92% transmission at 501 nm (OIII)
- 97% transmission at 656 nm (H alpha)
- Pass from 450 to 540 nm and from 640 nm to 690 nm
- Blocks the Infrared wavelengths