- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik L-2 UV-IR Blocking EOS Clip Filter - L2-EOS
Astronomik UV-IR Blocking Luminance Filters
For spectacular results, the Luminance channel is probably the most vital factor for image creation. To gain the greatest amount of signal possible, the filter being employed needs to have a wide spectral bandpass to realize the highest transmission possible. These two aspects combine to enable peak sensitivity and provide maximum photon counts on your pixels. Not all optical instruments, or supplemental optical elements like correctors, flatteners, or reducers have ideal color correction. So although the high transmission level of these new Astronomik Luminance filters is a terrific feature, the larger spectral band pass width of this filter can produce problems such as soft or bloated stars resulting from excess transmission of light that is not completely focused (chromatic aberration). Image processing can be challenging when this occurs. However, this detrimental effect can be reduced or even completely eradicated by having a Luminance filter with a spectral window that is slightly more narrow.
Astronomik has updated their Luminance filter line to include three different spectral window widths so that you can match your L filter to the type of telescope you use. The "L-2" filter is very similar to the classic Astronomik Luminance filter. By contrast, the L-1 has a wider spectral window, while the L-3's spectral window is narrower.
The spectral window width you choose for Luminace data will be determined by the color correction of your telescope. The widest spectral window is offered by the L1, while the L3 provides the most narrow. In the middle is the L2 which is about the same as the current Astronomik L-Filter.
If your optical system is completely chromatic aberration free, you should get an L1 filter for your setup. For general use with most optical systems employing a corrector, flattener or reducer in the optical train, the L2 is optimal. The L3 filter is made for users with refractors that have less than ideal color correction. Plus, when used in conjunction with Astronomik's new Deep-Sky RGB filters, the L3 filter will reduce that annoying bluish halo around stars.
The transmission curve characteristics and coatings on the new Luminance filters have been designed and engineered in such a way that no halos or reflections will be visible. Even with bright stars in the field of view you will be able to reveal the faintest structures in galaxies or nebulae.
Like all Astronomik Filters, the new Luminance filters are made using an extremely durable and scratch resistant coating, deposited on the finest polished optical substrate, which is free of any striae or internal strains. All substrates are made to exactly the same thickness, so all Astronomik filters are parfocal.
Astronomik UV-IR Blocking Luminance Filter Highlights
- Parfocal with any other filter offered by Astronomik
- Provides full resistance to the effects of scratching, aging, and high humidity
- Diffraction limited, this filter will not lessen the optical performance of your telescope
- Astronomik filters come with a long-lasting plastic filter case of supreme quality
Astronomik Clip-Filter System
Astronomik's patented Clip-Filter system has been designed from black anodized aluminum and laser-cut on up-to-date modernized machines. Within seconds, it can be introduced directly into the EOS camera body. No adjustments are required and all lens functions like focus, screen, and image stabilization, remain operational! With the exception of the EF-S series, all Canon system lenses plus all M42 and T2 lens adapters are useable with the Astronomik Clip-Filter system. This Clip-Filter also serves as an effective dust protector, keeping dust from collecting on the sensor during extended exposures.