- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik MC Clear Glass Clip Filter for Canon EOS 1100D-1300D and M3 DSLR Cameras - C-EOS-1100D
Astronomik MC Clear Filters for Canon EOS DSLR Cameras
Available in different sizes to match different Canon EOS DSLR camera models, these Astronomik MC clear glass filters adapt DSLR cameras for astrophotography so that they can take full advantage of the spectral sensitivity of CMOS sensors. The main purpose of these fine optically polished, multi-mirrored MC (Multi-Coated) clear glass filters is to provide compensation for the camera's optical path to make up for previously removed filters. Furthermore, with this MC clear filter, dirt particles are prevented from gathering on the sensor to avoid blemishes that are easily seen while shooting. MC clear glass has no actual filtering effect and does not provide infrared or UV light blockage.Cameras that have been reconfigured with Astronomik MC clear glass need an additional filter in the optical path that blocks either infrared light or visible light, contingent upon which area of the spectrum is in play, for imaging with camera lenses, adapters on refractors, or light-breaking elements like flatteners or reducers to function optimally. For terrestrial photography, Astronomik recommends the OWB (Original White Balance) clip filter which recovers the camera's original sensitivity before conversion, while for astrophotography in visible light, Astronomik recommends having at least one L-filter in the beam path. Meanwhile, Astronomik ProPlanet 742 or 807 IR Pass EOS Clip filters are perfect for IR photography.
More About Astronomik MC Clear Glass Filters
Preventing dust from gathering on your imaging system is the primary task of Astronomik MC Clear Glass Filters. These filters feature multi-coatings (MC) that prohibit unusual reflections, as well as scratch resistance and substrate quality identical to all other filters offered by Astronomik. Optimally equipped for telescopes that do not contain any refracting elements, this filter does not block either infrared or UV light.When maintaining the same location for both your imaging system's focal plane and other Astronomik filters is required, this MC Clear Glass filter is the ideal fit. All Astronomik filters will remain parfocal with your imaging system when the Astronomik MC Glass Filter is in use. The Astronomik MC Clear Filter is made in Germany and is constructed via a sophisticated process identical to that used to make all other Astronomik filters. The coating features the same scratch resistance, while the substrate boasts the same high level of quality. Therefore, the MC Clear Filter is parfocal with all Astronomik filter designs and serves as a suitable dust protector for the front of DSLR cameras or for Schmidt-Cassegrain, Schmidt-Newtonian and Maksutov systems without adjusting spectral characteristics, and with no decrease in optical performance.
Astronomik MC Clear Glass Filter Highlights
- Parfocal with any other filter offered by Astronomik
- 1 mm thick glass
- Coatings provide full insulation from the effects of scratching, aging, and high humidity
- This filter is diffraction limited and therefore will not lessen the optical performance of your telescope
- Astronomik filters are delivered with a long-lasting, superior quality plastic storage case
- Astronomik filters made post 2008 feature a new design that eliminates any sort of halo or undesired reflection
Image shows the Astronomik C-EOS-1000D MC Clear Filter. You will receive the C-EOS-1100D MC Clear Filter.