- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik MC Clear Glass Clip Filter for Canon EOS 6D and 5Ds DSLR Cameras - C-EOS-6D
Astronomik MC Clear Filters for Canon EOS DSLR Cameras
Available in different sizes to match different Canon EOS DSLR camera models, these Astronomik MC clear glass filters adapt DSLR cameras for astrophotography so that they can take full advantage of the spectral sensitivity of CMOS sensors. The main purpose of these fine optically polished, multi-mirrored MC (Multi-Coated) clear glass filters is to provide compensation for the camera's optical path to make up for previously removed filters. Furthermore, with this MC clear filter, dirt particles are prevented from gathering on the sensor to avoid blemishes that are easily seen while shooting. MC clear glass has no actual filtering effect and does not provide infrared or UV light blockage.Cameras reconstructed to include Astronomik MC clear glass require a supplementary filter for the beam path that blocks either infrared or visible light, depending on the part of the spectrum being photographed, for proper function of camera lenses, adapters on refractors, and light-breaking elements such as flatteners or reducers. Astronomik recommends their OWB (Original White Balance) clip filter for terrestrial photography. This filter restores the original sensitivity the camera had prior to conversion. For visible light astrophotography, Astronomik recommends having one L-filter minimum in the optical path. Finally, Astronomik's ProPlanet 742 or 807 IR-Pass EOS Clip filters are ideal for IR photography.
More About Astronomik MC Clear Glass Filters
The main purpose of Astronomik's MC Clear Glass Filter is to shield your imaging system from dust. Made in Germany, this filter offers multi-coatings for preventing strange reflections while providing identical scratch resistance and substrate quality as all other Astronomik filters. This filter does not block UV or IR and works best for telescope systems without any refracting elements.This is the optimal filter for when it is necessary to keep your imaging system's focal plane as well as other Astronomik filters in the same location. These other Astronomik filters will remain parfocal with your imaging system when the Astronomik MC Glass Filter is employed. Made in Germany, the Astronomik MC Clear Filter is constructed using the exact same advanced process used to produce all other Astronomik filters. This gives the coatings on this filter the same scratch resistance, and provides the substrate with the same high level of quality, making the MC Clear Glass Filter parfocal with any other filter made by Astronomik. This filter also works to protect the front of DSLR cameras as well as Schmidt-Cassegrain, Schmidt-Newtonian, and Maksutov systems from dust without adjusting spectral characteristics, and with no reduction in the optical performance of your system.
Astronomik MC Clear Glass Filter Highlights
- Parfocal with all available Astronomik filters
- 1 mm glass thickness
- Coatings provide full resistance to the effects of scratching, aging, and high humidity
- Diffraction limited, this filter will not lower the optical performance level of your telescope
- A durable plastic storage case of superior quality comes with all Astronomik filters
- Astronomik filters made post 2008 feature a new design that eliminates any sort of halo or undesired reflection
Image shows the Astronomik C-EOS-5D MC Clear Filter. The filter you will receive is the C-EOS-6D.