- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik OWB Filter - Type 3 - EOS XL Full Frame Clip - OWBCCD-EOSXL
Astronomik OWB EOS XL Full Frame Clip Filter - Type 3
- This Type 3 Astronomik OWB (Original White Balance) Filter features a full frame EOS Clip Filter format designed for Canon EOS DSLR cameras converted for astrophotography by removing their IR-filter and replacing it with a filter that has greater range for H-alpha
- Created with the highest technical standards in mind to offer the best possible optical performance for deep sky observing with your full frame Canon EOS DSLR camera
- Clips into Canon full frame 5D MK II, 5D MK III, and 6D DSLR cameras to recover the camera's terrestrial photography capabilities, similar to the original standard equipment filter
- The modified DSLR's spectral sensitivity will be altered with the installation of an OWB filter to the original range designated by Canon
- Coatings shield remarkably well against the impacts of scratching, aging, and humidity
- Diffraction limited, this filter will not have any negative effects on your telescope's optical performance
- Made in Germany, a country known for producing optics of superior quality!
- Please note that Astronomik XL Clip filters will not work with the Canon 6D Mk II, 5DS, 5DSR, and the 5D Mk IV camera bodies, and will only work without LiveView with the Canon 5D Mk I
More About the Astronomik OWB Type 3 Filter - EOS XL Full Frame Clip
Astronomik's OWB (Original White Balance) filter would not normally be termed an "astronomical" filter. Their goal is to allow converted Digital SLR cameras that are missing an IR-filter to be used for traditional "terrestrial" photography. Converted DSLR cameras have a white balance that makes them unusable for terrestrial objectives. An OWB Filter will return the DSLR's spectral sensitivity to its original range.
By shifting the entire spectrum of a converted Digital SLR camera in such a way that it will not be uniquely applicable for astro-imaging tasks, the days of having to choose between hindering a DSLR so that it can be used exclusively for astronomical functions, or accept reduced sensitivity in the red area of the spectrum, are over. Astronomik's OWB EOS Full Frame Clip Filter fits Canon 5D MK II, 5D MK III, and 6D cameras. It is also compatible with Canon 5D MK I without LiveView. As with all Astronomik-designed filters, the OWB Type 3 is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters.
This filter is completely immune to scratching as well as the effects of aging and high humidity. Diffraction limited, the Astronomik OWB Filter will not compromise the optical performance of your telescope! All Astronomik filters arrive in a long-lasting, high quality plastic filter container.
Astronomik Full Frame Clip Filter System
Astronomik's proprietary Clip-Filter system is made of black anodized aluminum and laser-cut on the most up-to-date machinery. EOS XL full frame clip filters are designed to work with Canon DSLR cameras with full format bodies such as the 5D Mk II and 5D Mk III. This Clip-Filter can be inserted into the Canon EOS camera body using only your fingers in a matter of seconds. Removal is also quick and easy. No tools or adjustments needed and all lens operations like focus, screen, and image stabilization, continue to function normally! In addition, during long exposures, Astronomik's Clip-Filter system keeps dust at bay so it doesn't gather on your sensor. Unfortunately this filter is not compatible with the Canon EOS 6D Mk II.
- Special spectrum in order to adapt modified DSLR cameras (with removed or substituted IR-filters) to achieve a standard color space in digital imaging