- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik ProPlanet 642 IR Pass Filter - 1.25" Round Mounted - P642-1
Astronomik ProPlanet 642 IR-Pass Filter - 1.25"
The ProPlanet 642 BP is the most recent addition to Astronomik's ProPlanet IR-pass filter family. This filter offers a wide assortment of applications for daytime IR photography, high resolution imaging of the Moon and planets, and capturing gorgeous deep sky images of objects in H-alpha regions when used for astro-imaging.
This filter provides a 200 nm spectral window from 642 nm to 842 nm. Unlike Astronomik's other two ProPlanet filters, the P642-1 blocks the longer infrared. Along with the ProPlanet 742 and 807 filters, Astronomik now gives you three choices for your IR-imaging needs. The ProPlanet 642 will frequently be the correct choice for optimal imaging.
- High contrast images with excellent color rendition
- Clear images with "wood effect"
- No hot spot from longer IR
- Short exposure times, nearly identical to regular VIS-imaging
- Ideally suited for infrared videos
High Resolution Lunar & Planetary Imaging:
- Short exposure times
- Efficient seeing reduction
- Improved contrast
- Blocking the longer IR eliminates ghosting and enables maximum sharpness
Deep-Sky Astrophotography of H-Alpha Regions:
- Best H-alpha line transmission at 656 nm
- Approximately 40 nm FWHM with astro-modified DSLR cameras
- Incredible contrast in moonlight or light polluted conditions
- Reasonably priced filter for amateur H-alpha imagers
- Camera display plus LiveView provides simple focusing
- Over 96% transmission for wavelengths in the 642 nm to 842 nm range
- Blocks wavelengths between 350 nm and 630 nm
- Parfocal with all other filters from Astronomik
- 1 mm glass thickness
- Offers total resistance to scratching as well as the effects of aging and high humidity
- Diffraction limited, this filter will not compromise the optical efficiency of your telescope
- Astronomik filters arrive in a durable plastic filter container of superior quality
Image depicts the Astronomik 1.25" ProPlanet 742 IR-Pass Filter. This item number is for the 1.25" ProPlanet 642 IR-Pass Filter.