- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik ProPlanet 642 IR Pass Filter - 42 mm Round - P642-42
Astronomik ProPlanet 642 IR-Pass Filter - 42 mm Round
The ProPlanet 642 BP is the most recent addition to Astronomik's ProPlanet IR-pass filter family. This filter offers a wide assortment of applications for daytime IR photography, high resolution imaging of the Moon and planets, and capturing gorgeous deep sky images of objects in H-alpha regions when used for astro-imaging.A 200 nm spectral window from 642 nm to 842 nm is provided by this filter. The P642 blocks the longer infrared, as opposed to the other two Astronomik ProPlanet filters. For your IR-imaging requirements, Astronomik now offers three distinct options. The ProPlanet 642 will frequently be the proper choice for ideal imaging.
- High contrast images with excellent color rendition
- Transparent "wood effect" images
- No hot spot in the longer IR
- Short exposure times comparable to regular VIS-imaging
- An optimal fit for infrared videos
High Resolution Lunar & Planetary Imaging:
- Short exposure times
- Sufficient reduction in seeing
- Enhanced contrast
- Blocking the longer IR eliminates ghosting and enables maximum sharpness
Deep-Sky Astrophotography of H-Alpha Regions:
- Best transmission of H-alpha line at 656 nm
- FWHM of about 40 nm with astro-modified Digital SLR cameras
- Amazing contrast despite moonlight or severe light pollution
- Reasonably priced filter for amateur H-alpha imagers
- Camera display coupled with LiveView allows easy focusing
- More than 96% transmission for the 642 nm to 842 nm wavelength range
- Blocks wavelengths between 350 nm and 630 nm
- Parfocal with all other filters Astronomik carries
- 1 mm glass thickness
- Coatings protect this filter from the damaging effects of scratching, aging, and high humidity
- Diffraction limited, this filter will maintain your telescope's current optical efficiency level
- Astronomik filters arrive with a long-lasting, high quality plastic storage case