- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR-Pass Filter - 42 mm Round - P742-42
Astronomik 42 mm Round ProPlanet 742 IR-Pass Filter
- Expressly designed for imaging planets, this Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR-Pass Filter comes in a round 42 mm format
- Made with regards to the highest technical guidelines to provide the optical performance required for planetary imaging with telescopes featuring apertures in the 5" to 8" range
- The Astronomik ProPlanet IR 742 Filter only allows infrared light with wavelengths of more than 742 nm to pass through to the image
- Atmospheric turbulence will not afflict planetary images since they are formed from IR light
- All Astronomik filters have multi-layer coatings for protection against the deteriorating effects of scratching, aging, and high humidity
- Made in Germany, a country recognized for their supreme quality optics!
More About Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR-Pass Filters
For capturing stunning images and video of the Moon and planets, specifically Mars, with telescopes that have apertures of 6" (150 mm) or higher, the Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR-Pass Filter is the optimal choice. Only infrared light with wavelengths over 742 nm is allowed to pass through. Seeing effects are substantially reduced in this area of the spectrum versus the visual spectrum of the human eye. This results in images that are significantly sharper than what could typically be achieved from your device and location. Another advantage of the ProPlanet 742 IR is that it still facilitates a dark sky background even in late dawn. This allows lunar and planetary photography to continue even at daybreak.The Astronomik ProPlanet 742 cuts off the visible part of the spectrum and allows the light of wavelengths longer then 742 nm to pass. This results in a big improvement in images of planets and the Moon. Images are more steady than the image in visible light, with nearly identical required exposure times. The Astronomik ProPlanet IR 742 Filter is also parfocal with other Astronomik filters. Along with video capture and CCD astrophotography, this P742 IR filter also facilitates gorgeous terrestrial photography. When this P742 filter is used in an MC modified Digital SLR camera, you'll be able to achieve exceptional results for nature imaging. This filter blocks the area of the spectrum where chlorophyll appears green, and displays its high reflectiveness in the near infrared. Photographing trees in the spring and summer months under blue skies gives you amazing images with trees and clouds that appear white ahead of a almost black background.
- Transmits over 96% of wavelengths from 742 nm to 1100 nm
- Obstructs unwanted wavelengths between 350 nm and 730 nm