- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Atik 460EX Color CCD Camera w/ Sony ICX694 Sensor - ATK0101
Atik 460EX Color CCD Camera W/ Sony ICX694 Sensor
- Featuring a Color Sony ICX694 EXview HAD Sensor, the Atik 460EX CCD Camera is an ideal match to telescopes commonly used by amateurs, up to bigger SCTs and RCs
- The Sony ICX694 EXview HAD sensor has a 4.54x4.54 µm pixel size
- Unrivalled flexibility and executing excellent sensitivity makes this one of the best cameras for deep-sky astrophotography
- Atik 460EX CCD Camera enables remarkable performance in both narrowband and LRGB techniques
- For bigger sky coverage the sensor diagonal is big enough to satisfy and small enough to allow use of 1.25" filters, even with fast f/2 systems
The next step in astronomical CCD revolution featuring the latest generation Sony EXview HAD CCD II techonology, the Atik 460EX is an outstanding instrument and one of the best cameras for deep-sky astrophotography. With Quantum Efficiency, excellent thermal management, and very low noise, the Atik 460EX is an ideal match to telescopes commonly used by amateurs, up to bigger SCTs and RCs.
Featuring better cooling and a narrower body, the Atik-4 Series cameras are a development of the 3-Series cameras. Taking matching dark frames is a snap due to the benefits of set-point cooling on these cameras. The simple 12 V power requirement also makes this camera efficient and easy to use during field operation. The Atik Series 4 are magnificent CCD cameras with impressive sensitivity, great cooling and have a narrow profile, making them great to use on modern telescopes such as Hyperstar/Fastar systems.
The Atik 460EX is the new norm for high performance. With superb sensitivity, the Atik 460EX enables impressive performance in both narrowband and LRGB techniques. Faint fuzzies are not so faint anymore and stay within reach of the amateur astronomer, even with smaller instruments. The Atik 460EX is one of the lightest cameras of its class featuring the narrowest body. However, these features do not compromise cooling performance or stability. In addition, the sensor diagonal is big enough to satisfy the need for bigger sky coverage, but small enough to enable the use of 1.25" filters, even with f/2 systems.
Providing an intuitive and simple, yet powerful way to acquire images is the renowned Capture application included with the Atik 460EX that takes the stress out of imaging. Tools include image sequencer, focus assistance readout, guide camera control and integration with Atik filter wheels. There are plug-ins for Astroart, MaxIm DL, and CCDSoft if you require compatibility with other software, as well as a full ASCOM driver.
Included with your Atik 460EX is a new image processing software by Atik called Dawn. Much like the Atik Cameras, Dawn was designed from the ground up to be powerful and easy to use. The great part about this software is its ability to enable a sequence of image-processing steps to be represented in the form of a pictorial work-flow. This can be created with a few mouse clicks and is executed very easily for repeatable and speedy results.