- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Baader DSLR T-Ring System for Canon EOS - DSLRT
Baader DSLR Protective Wide T-Ring System
Today's large sensor digital SLR cameras and advanced imaging techniques enable amateurs to take spectacular high resolution and long exposure images that push the limits of modern telescope optics. Up until now, the only means of coupling a DSLR to the telescope relies on the use of a standard mass-produced camera T-Ring, which can introduce problems when astro-imaging:
- The use of 42mm T-threads causes a choke-point in the imaging train (typcially 38mm internal diameter), resulting in vignetting in fast systems.
- High resolution digital image sensors and their protective glass covers are highly vulnerable to dust that can enter the body each time the camera is coupled/uncoupled, or in open systems, particularly if the camera has been modified for full-spectrum use.
- Traditional T-rings are mass-produced for generic camera use, with general manufacturing tolerances and design, which result in a potentially loose bayonet fit that can cause focal plane squareness and long-exposure image shifting from lateral play and angular wobble.
The Baader Protective Wide T-Ring System for the Canon EOS takes the traditional T-ring to a whole new level and solves the following issues:
- The 2" wide-aperture of the Baader protective T-ring accepts 3 different attachment adapters, which are included with each T-ring: Standard T-thread (42mm), 2" thin profile nosepiece, and 48mm thread (astro filter standard).
- The internal filter compartment is able to accept both 2" mounted filters and 50.4mm diameter unmounted filters for the widest clear aperture possible (47.3mm aperture).
- Baader has optimized design and manufacturing tolerances to ensure the closest fit possible with the Canon EOS body. This avoids focal plane tilt and image shift caused by play and wobble at the connection point.
The Baader Protective Wide EOS T-Ring System includes 6 configurable parts:
- Baader Protective T-Ring Body
- Temperature Compensation Ring (for installation of 50.4mm x3mm unmounted filters)
- S52/M48 Adapter (for 48mm connection thread)
- T-thread/M48 Adapter (for standard 42mm T-thread connection)
- S52/2" wide aperture 2" nosepeice (includes M48 filter thread)
- 1.5mm Allen Wrench
Please Note: The alternate image shows the T-ring system on a Canon EOS body, as well as the Baader line of optional protective filters. Filters and camera body not included.