- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Atik 4120EX One Shot Color CCD Camera - ATK0139
Atik 4120EX Color CCD Camera
with Sony ICX834 Progressive Scan Sensor
Featuring the latest generation Sony™ EXview HAD CCD II™ technology, the Atik 4120EX camera, with its super high resolution ICX834 sensor, has outstanding quantum efficiency, very low noise and excellent thermal management. The Atik 4120EX is an ideal match for Hyperstar systems, but can also be used with short focal length refractors and astrographs for beautiful, wide field views of the night sky.
The high resolution produced by the 4120EX is very apparent when printing images out to A3 poster size and beyond! Another benefit of high resolution is the ability to zoom into different parts of an image on a computer screen in order to see extra detail. The Atik 4120EX CCD Camera is a one shot color camera (OSC). The small 3.1um pixel size is a real advantage when attempting to record the true color of the stars and nebulae in an image.
One Shot Color cameras, like the Atik 4120EX, allow you to take a single image and see the color immediately, something that would require filters and a filter wheel to accomplish with a monochrome camera. Adding a simple infrared block filter or a light pollution filter is all you need to explore the wonders of the universe with the Atik 4120EX. The Atik 4120EX fully supports 1.25″ filters down to f/2. The other advantage of a OSC camera is the simplicity of processing its images. By recording color in one image, you do not need to align the 3 or 4 separate image types required for LRGB or RGB imaging.
As part of the Atik 4-Series, the Atik 4120EX benefits from set point cooling, to make taking matching dark frames a snap, and a simple 12V power requirement to facilitate field operation. The impressive sensitivity, great cooling, and narrow profile make the Atik 4120EX an outstanding CCD camera to use on modern telescopes.
Atik 4120EX CCD Camera Requirements
- Pentium III PC with 128MB RAM
- Windows XP/Vista/Win7/Win8 (not RT)
- CD-ROM drive
- USB 2.0 port
Atik 4120EX CCD Camera Specifications
- Sensor Type: CCD - Sony ICX834AQG
- Horizontal Resolution: 4242 pixels
- Vertical Resolution: 2830 pixels
- Pixel Size: 3.1 µM x 3.1 µM
- ADC: 16 bit
- Readout Noise: 5e- typical value
- Interface: Mini-USB 2.0 High Speed
- Power: 12v DC 1A
- Maximum Exposure Length: Unlimited
- Minimum Exposure Length: 1/1000 s
- Cooling: Thermoelectric set point with max ΔT=>-30°C
- Weight: .88 lb.
- Backfocus: 13mm