- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Atik 414EX Monochrome CCD Camera - ATK0136
Atik 414EX Monochrome CCD Camera
with Sony ICX825 Progressive Scan Sensor
Buy this Camera & Get a Filter Set for 50% Off! For a limited time, when you buy any new monochrome Atik or QSI camera (except the Atik LP) you will be eligible to purchase your choice of one Atik LRGB or Narrowband Filter Set at a substantially discounted price! If you are interested in this offer, put an eligible camera into your shopping cart and then visit the Atik Filter Sets page to choose your discounted filter set. Remember, you must have a new Atik or QSI mono camera in your shopping cart in order to take advantage of this offer. We will cancel any orders that do not follow these rules. Thanks.
The Atik 414EX CCD camera follows on the footsteps of the Atik 314L+, one of the best cameras available for astrophotography. It features the brand new Sony ICX825 1.45 megapixel sensor, the much awaited successor to the venerable ICX285. The Atik 414 EX also features the same EXview HAD CCD II™ technology that is used on the Atik 428EX, 460EX and 490EX, which combined with the larger pixel size, makes it sensitive beyond anything previously seen in this price range. Compared with the Atik 314L+ at 650nm, the 414EX is 60% more sensitive. In fact, the Atik 414EX is even more sensitive than the already spectacular 460EX, making it the perfect camera for the enthusiast with a limited budget. Check out the sensitivity comparison chart, located in the images section, to see the striking difference between the ICX285 and ICX825 sensors.
Sensor sensitivity is critical, but the 414EX offers other features that are also important when it comes to choosing a CCD camera. The Atik 414EX is can easily achieve over 30ºC below ambient, and the cooling is regulated, which means that your image calibration will be consistent. And speaking of calibration, for most applications, the camera has such a low dark noise, that dark frames are an option rather than a requirement!
The Atik 414EX’s narrow footprint means that it can be used on Fastar/Hyperstar configurations with zero obstruction, even on the 6″ version. Low weight (less than one pound) also keeps the stress on the corrector plate to a bare minimum. The Atik 414EX is a truly impressive camera, and will bring you joy for many years to come.
Atik 414EX CCD Camera Requirements
- Pentium III PC with 128MB RAM
- Windows XP/Vista/Win7/Win8 (not RT)
- CD-ROM drive
- USB 2.0 port
Atik 414EX Monochrome CCD Camera Specifications
- Sensor Type: CCD - Sony ICX825
- Horizontal Resolution: 1392 pixels
- Vertical Resolution: 1040 pixels
- Pixel Size: 6.45 µM x 6.45 µM
- ADC: 16 bit
- Readout Noise: 5e- typical value
- Interface: Mini-USB 2.0 High Speed
- Power: 12v DC 1A
- Maximum Exposure Length: Unlimited
- Minimum Exposure Length: 1/1000 s
- Cooling: Thermoelectric set point with max ΔT=>-30°C
- Weight: .88 lb.
- Backfocus: 13mm