- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Atik 16200 APS-H Monochrome CCD Camera - ATK0154
Atik 16200 APS-H Sized Monochrome CCD Camera
Buy this Camera & Get a Filter Set for 50% Off! For a limited time, when you buy any new monochrome Atik or QSI camera (except the Atik LP) you will be eligible to purchase your choice of one Atik LRGB or Narrowband Filter Set at a substantially discounted price! If you are interested in this offer, put an eligible camera into your shopping cart and then visit the Atik Filter Sets page to choose your discounted filter set. Remember, you must have a new Atik or QSI mono camera in your shopping cart in order to take advantage of this offer. We will cancel any orders that do not follow these rules. Thanks.
The Atik 16200 Imaging Camera features the KAF-16200 CCD sensor, which offers a large 35mm diagonal and 6um pixels to make this camera a great match for a wide range of telescopes. However, this amazing APS-H-sized sensor is not the only upgrade to the Atik 16200, it has a whole new body, too. Improvements include a new dual-stage Peltier cooling system, heat sink, blade shutter, and a cool lightweight casing that will serve you well.
KAF-16200 Full Frame APS-H CCD Sensor
The ON-Semi KAF−16200 is a single output, high performance CCD image sensor with 4500 (H) x 3600 (V) photoactive pixels. Each pixel contains anti−blooming protection by means of a lateral overflow drain, thereby preventing image corruption during high light level conditions, and microlenses are added for improved sensitivity. The 16200 sensor utilizes a transparent gate electrode to improve sensitivity compared to the use of a standard front side illuminated polysilicon electrode.
The full frame KAF-16200 has a large 35mm diagonal, and can be used with a filter wheel that supports 2" filters. The large sensor size and generous 6µm pixels makes the Atik 16200 suitable for a wide range of telescopes, whether you are using a fast scope to capture wide field celestial views, or telescopes with longer focal lengths to image the intricate details on even the smallest and faintest of objects. Whatever your astrophotography style, the large size of the resulting images give you the freedom and flexibility to zoom in and take a closer look at regions of interest with the level of detail you’d expect from your main target.
Atik 16200 Camera Body Highlights
The full frame, APS-H sized sensor is housed in a sealed chamber that has been argon-purged to keep moisture and dust particles out. Inside the 16200 camera body is a dual-stage Peltier and a powerful heatsink for amazing cooling performance. With a typical delta of -45C and a max of -50ºC, you'll enjoy low noise results even when imaging on warm summer nights.
Atik's high performance electronics power the sensor, which has a read noise of only 9e-. A reimagined blade shutter is a design change for the 16200, which will provide consistent and reliable results for many years to come.
ATIK 16200 Monochrome CCD Camera Specifications
- Sensor Type: CCD - KAF-16200
- Horizontal Resolution: 4500 pixels
- Vertical Resolution: 3600 pixels
- Pixel Size: 6 µm x 6 µm
- ADC: 16 bit
- Readout Noise: 9e- typical value
- Gain Factor: 0.6e-/ ADU
- Full Well: ~40,000e-
- Dark Current: >0.25 electrons/second at 0°C
- Interface: USB 2.0 High Speed
- Power: 12v DC 2.5A
- Maximum Exposure Length: Unlimited
- Minimum Exposure Length: 200 ms
- Cooling: Thermoelectric set point with max ΔT=>-50°C (-45°C typical)
- Weight: 2.86 lb.
- Backfocus: ±19.5 mm