- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Atik 490 EX Color CCD Camera - ATK0111
Atik 490 EX Color CCD Camera
The Atik 490EX is the highest resolution Atik to date, and one of the most flexible ones. Featuring the latest generation Sony™ EXview HAD CCD II™ technology in an area over twice as large than before, this camera has an outstanding Quantum Efficiency, very low noise and excellent thermal management. This model is an ideal match not only for Hyperstar systems, but also most small to midsize telescopes used by astrophotographers. It’s excellent sensitivity and the possibility of binning while maintaining high pixel counts, makes it one of the best cameras for deep-sky astrophotography, with unrivalled flexibility.
The Atik 490EX fully supports 1.25" filters down to f/2, so you won't need to replace any of your current investment in wheel or filters. This is an added advantage when looking to invest in a CCD camera that may go through multiple telescopes.
The Atik-4 Series cameras are a development of the renowned 3-Series cameras, featuring better cooling and narrower body. They benefit from setpoint cooling to make taking matching dark frames a snap, and simple 12V power requirement to facilitate field operation. The impressive sensitivity, great cooling and narrow profile, make the Atik Series 4 outstanding CCD cameras to use on modern telescopes, including Hyperstar/Fastar systems.
Included In the Box
- Camera body with 1.25'' adapter
- 9.8 ft USB cable
- 5.9 ft battery power connector
- CD-ROM with drivers, software and user's manual (PDF)
- Quickstart guide (paper).
Atik's highly-acclaimed Capture software is included for camera control and data acquisition, and plug-ins are included to allow use with Astroart and Maxim DL.
A universal (110-230V) power adapter is optional.
System requirements: Pentium III PC with 128MB RAM, Windows XP/Vista/Win7/Win8 (not RT), CD-ROM drive and USB 2.0 port.
Atik 490 EX Color CCD Camera Specifications
Sensor Type: CCD - Sony ICX814
Horizontal Resolution: 3380 pixels
Vertical Resolution: 2704 pixels
Pixel Size: 3.69 µM x 3.69 µM
ADC: 16 bit
Readout Noise: 5e- typical value
Interface: Mini-USB 2.0 High Speed
Power: 12v DC 1A
Maximum Exposure Length: Unlimited
Minimum Exposure Length: 1/1000 s
Cooling: Termoelectric set point with max ΔT=-25°C
Weight: 14 oz