- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Atik Horizon Color CMOS Imaging Camera - ATK0157
ATIK Horizon Color CMOS Imaging Camera
The first CMOS camera made by Atik, the Horizon houses a 16 MP sensor with extremely low read noise and especially fast read speeds. With their signature combination of form and function, Atik is able to offer a camera with a sensitive, high megapixel sensor at a nice price point. This makes the Horizon an excellent option for both those looking to upgrade their DSLR, and those working with a system that would benefit from shorter exposure times.With extensive knowledge of hardware as well as software design, Atik has focused their expertise on the world of deep-sky optimized CMOS cameras with the Horizon. Even though Atik has been known previously for their low-noise electronics, the Horizon has the lowest read noise of any camera they've yet produced at only ~1e- at high gain settings. The Atik Horizon makes a great match for shorter focal length telescopes and camera lenses with its 3.8 µm pixel size, great news for imagers in need of a wide field of view. Mechanically, the Horizon camera is modeled after Atik's established 4-series cameras which are noted for their power and adaptability. A cylindrical housing that measures 74 mm in diameter and 130 mm in length makes this camera compatible with 8" or more HyperStar systems. The reason for this small increase compared to the 4-series is so a huge cooling delta of -40ºC below ambient can be housed. This helps maintain control of thermal noise, no matter where in the world you're imaging from.
Advanced Hardware Deserves Advanced Software Offering native compatibility with Atik Infinity live stacking software, the Atik Horizon enables amazing night sky views under near real-time conditions. This isn't just great for video astronomers and public outreach, but for making introductory astrophotography a breeze. Atik's on-the-fly image processing minimizes the learning curve many people experience by allowing you to be up and running quickly. This doesn't mean Atik's advanced functions have disappeared though, and you can be assured that you'll remain in control as you navigate your way through the night sky.
- Live continuous stacking
- Flexible histogram control, including auto-stretch functions
- Live YouTube broadcast integration
- Interactive session replay
- Focus assist and monitoring tools
- Save to FITs, PNG, JPG and TIFF formats
Amp Glow Control From the beginning, the Atik Horizon has been enhanced by a built-in 256 mb DDR3 image buffer that eliminates amp glow and other output created by USB 2.0 data transfer, all while circumventing dropped frame issues. This enables a fast, seamless imaging experience, whether you're benefiting from USB 2.0's flexibility and low cable weight, or USB 3.0's fast speeds. Atik's experience of working with demanding scientific applications has given them an advanced understanding of sealing techniques. This understanding allows them to create an environment free of condensation, and means your desiccant lasts much longer between recharges. Atik uses the same quartz fused cover glass as their 383L+ camera to prevent condensation forming on the outside of the glass when the camera is cooled. This added level of performance and reliability means you can spend less time maintaining your equipment and more time imaging with it.
ATIK Horizon Color Imaging Camera Specifications
- Sensor Type: Panasonic MN34230 4/3" CMOS
- Pixel Array: 4644 x 3506
- Pixel Size: 3.8 µm x 3.8 µm
- ADC: 12-Bit
- Readout Noise: ~1e- at x30 gain
- Gain Factor: Variable 1 - x60
- Full Well Capacity: ~20Ke-
- Dark Current: 0.016 e-/pix/s at -10°C
- Interface: USB 2.0 or USB 3.0
- Power: 12v DC 2A
- Minimum Exposure: 18 µs
- Maximum Exposure: Unlimited
- Cooling: Thermoelectric set point with max Delta-T greater than -40ºC
- Weight: 18.5 oz.
- Backfocus: 13 mm ±0.5
- Front Thread: M42x0.75