- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Atik Horizon I Monochrome CMOS Imaging Camera - ATK0156
ATIK Horizon Monochrome CMOS Imaging Camera
Buy this Camera & Get a Filter Set for 50% Off! For a limited time, when you buy any new monochrome Atik or QSI camera (except the Atik LP) you will be eligible to purchase your choice of one Atik LRGB or Narrowband Filter Set at a substantially discounted price! If you are interested in this offer, put an eligible camera into your shopping cart and then visit the Atik Filter Sets page to choose your discounted filter set. Remember, you must have a new Atik or QSI mono camera in your shopping cart in order to take advantage of this offer. We will cancel any orders that do not follow these rules. Thanks.Atik Horizon cameras are the first CMOS cameras Atik has produced. They feature a 16 MP sensor with extraordinarily low read noise and read speeds that are incredibly fast. With Atik's trademark form and function, the Horizon offers a sensitive, high megapixel sensor for a reasonable price. The Atik Horizon CMOS Camera is a great choice for those looking to upgrade their DSLR, or who have a system that would gain from shorter exposure times. Using their considerable experience in both hardware and software design, Atik has turned their attention to the optimized deep-sky CMOS camera world. Previously noted for their low-noise electronics, the Atik Horizon features their lowest read noise to date at only ~1e- at high gain settings. With a pixel size of 3.8 µm, the Atik Horizon is an excellent match for telescopes and camera lenses with shorter focal lengths. This is welcome news for those who want a wide field of view. Mechanically, the Horizon camera is modeled after Atik's established 4-series cameras which are noted for their power and adaptability. A cylindrical housing that measures 74 mm in diameter and 130 mm in length makes this camera compatible with 8" or more HyperStar systems. The reason for this small increase compared to the 4-series is so a huge cooling delta of -40ºC below ambient can be housed. This helps maintain control of thermal noise, no matter where in the world you're imaging from.
Advanced Hardware Deserves Advanced Software The Atik Horizon is natively compatible with Atik Infinity live stacking software for incredible views of the night sky in a near real-time environment. This is not only great for video astronomers and for public outreach, but it also makes getting started in astrophotography simple. Atik's fast image processing gets you going promptly, reducing the learning curve most people experience. However, you can be sure that Atik's advanced functions will still be there to provide control as you move your way through the night sky.
- Live continuous stacking
- Flexible histogram control, including auto-stretch functions
- Live YouTube broadcast integration
- Interactive session replay
- Focus assist and monitoring tools
- Save to FITs, PNG, JPG and TIFF formats
Amp Glow Control From the outset, the Horizon has benefited from a built-in 256 mb DDR3 image buffer that removes amp glow and other artifacts caused by data transfer over USB 2.0, all while preventing issues with dropped frames. This makes for a fast, seamless imaging experience, whether you're taking advantage of the flexibility and low cable weight of USB 2.0, or the fast speeds of USB 3.0. Atik's experience of working with demanding scientific applications has given them an advanced understanding of sealing techniques. This understanding allows them to create an environment free of condensation, and means your desiccant lasts much longer between recharges. Atik uses the same quartz fused cover glass as their 383L+ camera to prevent condensation forming on the outside of the glass when the camera is cooled. This added level of performance and reliability means you can spend less time maintaining your equipment and more time imaging with it.
ATIK Horizon Monochrome Imaging Camera Specifications
- Sensor Type: Panasonic MN34230 4/3" CMOS
- Pixel Array: 4644 x 3506
- Pixel Size: 3.8 µm x 3.8 µm
- ADC: 12-Bit
- Readout Noise: ~1e- at x30 gain
- Gain Factor: Variable 1 - x60
- Full Well Capacity: ~20Ke-
- Dark Current: 0.016 e-/pix/s at -10°C
- Interface: USB 2.0 or USB 3.0
- Power: 12v DC 2A
- Minimum Exposure: 18 µs
- Maximum Exposure: Unlimited
- Cooling: Thermoelectric set point with max Delta-T greater than -40ºC
- Weight: 18.5 oz.
- Backfocus: 13 mm ±0.5
- Front Thread: M42x0.75