- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Atik GP Monochrome CCD Camera - ATK0119
Atik GP Monochrome CCD Camera
The Atik GP excels as both a planetary camera and as a guide camera.
Its compact size and light weight make it a joy to use on telescopes large and small. The senor used is the fantastically sensitive 1.3 million pixel ICX445 EXview II CCD from Sony. The GP is capable of up to 30 frames per second and will download both 8bit data with the convenience of saving to standard avi file format, or 12bit for full dynamic range as Tif and Fits format. When used with the included GPAcquire software the camera is fully configurable with gain, region of interest, data format and a myriad of other settings enabling optimal planetary, solar and lunar imaging. Data can be save direct to disk or initially to memory to optimise frame rates with slightly slower hardware.
Slowing things down a little the advanced passive cooling allows images of 1mS to several seconds to be collected, ideal for guiding. The camera is fully compatible with existing Atik software so can be used with the (included) Capture software as well as plug ins for Maxim DL, AstroArt, and more though the ASCOM camera interface. Controlled this way it behaves much the same as Atik's bigger cameras and will allow binning and sub framing. Guiding corrections are passed to the mount using an ASCOM interface. This is presents many advantages over the older ST4 guide port method including ease of set up, logging, and precision of guide corrections. But it does require that the mount is ASCOM compatible (as most modern mounts are) and linked to the computer. Guiding older mounts may still be possible with an USB to ST4 converter box, ask your dealer.
The GP does not have the active cooling of the Atik Titan so its potential for deep sky imaging is more limited, but it can be used to image the brighter deep sky objects.
Included in the Box
- Camera body with 1.25'' adapter
- 5.9 ft USB cable
- CD-ROM with drivers, software and user's manual (PDF)
- Quickstart guide (paper).
Atik's highly-acclaimed Capture software is included for camera control and data acquisition, and plug-ins are included to allow use with Astroart and Maxim DL.
System requirements: Pentium IV PC with 512MB RAM, Windows XP/Vista/Win7/Win8 (not RT), CD-ROM drive and USB 2.0 port.
Atik GP Monochrome CCD Camera Specifications
Sensor Type: Sony ICX445 EXview HAD II CCD
Horizontal Resolution: 1296 pixels
Vertical Resolution: 964 pixels
Pixel Size: 3.75 µM x 3.75 µM
ADC: 12 bit
Frame rate: 30 fps max
Interface: USB 2.0 High speed
Power: USB powered
Weight: 2.8 oz